Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mzaayman
My Device: 9800 Torch

Desktop Sortware Not Responding - Error 1723

Seriously at end of rope...

Ok so booted up yesterday (01/07/2013) and the DTSW (desk top software) didn't want to respond, i downloaded new software from Blackberry website and tried to repair. Close to the end the error comes up (see below). I then uninstalled the software and then reloaded it. It seemed to load the software fine but when opening it it has a white box that comes up and on the edge of the box at the top there's a message saying "Blackberry Desktop Software (Not Responding)", i try exit by clicking the red X and another pop up comes up saying "Blackberry Desktop Software is not responding" "If you choose to end the program, you might loose information" then there is 2 options "Close Program" or "Wait for program to respond". If you click on wait it does nothing (Seriously nothing), the other closes the DTSW. I have gone and deleated the program re downloaded and the same thing about 3 times. I then went and baught a Registry fixer thing called Reg Cure Pro, ran that fixed all the errors, defragged my machine reloaded the DTSW and still nothing.

Please HELP???

Error:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RepairRimUsbDriverNT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22…

paulgarnham
My Device: 9360

Re: Desktop Sortware Not Responding - Error 1723

exactly the same problem spent hours trying to resolve, unable to back up phone  would drop BB if I could but work phone... no support ... no human to speak to....

mzaayman wrote:

Seriously at end of rope...

Ok so booted up yesterday (01/07/2013) and the DTSW (desk top software) didn't want to respond, i downloaded new software from Blackberry website and tried to repair. Close to the end the error comes up (see below). I then uninstalled the software and then reloaded it. It seemed to load the software fine but when opening it it has a white box that comes up and on the edge of the box at the top there's a message saying "Blackberry Desktop Software (Not Responding)", i try exit by clicking the red X and another pop up comes up saying "Blackberry Desktop Software is not responding" "If you choose to end the program, you might loose information" then there is 2 options "Close Program" or "Wait for program to respond". If you click on wait it does nothing (Seriously nothing), the other closes the DTSW. I have gone and deleated the program re downloaded and the same thing about 3 times. I then went and baught a Registry fixer thing called Reg Cure Pro, ran that fixed all the errors, defragged my machine reloaded the DTSW and still nothing.

Please HELP???

Error:

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action RepairRimUsbDriverNT.07D232B6_7904_4970_8B22…

New Contributor
mzaayman
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: Desktop Sortware Not Responding - Error 1723

So frustrating and that RegCure Pro thing did **bleep**all, anyway still in the mix but resorted to borrowing an install disk, 5.1 version installed and it's working on that version. I'm scared to upgrade but can work with the older software...