Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mshehabms
My Device: Bold9700

Desktop manager in english

Hi,

Whenever i install the BlackBerry Desktop manager, the program defaults the language to arabic, and thus installs in arabic. Not even changing the country would turn the setup to english.

How can i install the program in engish, knowing that i just downloaded the latest multilanguage version from blackberrry website.

please advise,

regards,

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Desktop manager in english

Hello,

You can download any version, including an English Only version, from this location:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
jeemee3008
My Device: Make: BB Smartphone 9860 & Model : RDP71UW

I tried this link also, that multilanguuage.exe downloaded, when the run the exe file, its come to arabic language only... how to install in english

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pr0filer
My Device: Not Specified

Just for the record, the english only desktop manager is not there at your link.  There is only the multi-language version.  The English only link is for the DEVICE MANAGER. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

pr0filer wrote:

Just for the record, the english only desktop manager is not there at your link.  There is only the multi-language version.  The English only link is for the DEVICE MANAGER. 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for that update...as you may have noticed, I posted that link 2.5 years ago...so it's not all that unlikely that they may have changed the content in the intervening time period.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JohnPiz
My Device: Bold 9900

• try this one

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

pr0filer
My Device: Not Specified

It still says multi-language.  I assume there is no longer an English only file.  That's a same because it was about 1/3rd the size.  Software providers seem to love making there files unnecessarily huge!

Please use plain text.
dunckhan
My Device: BBZ10

After hours of pulling my hair out i just discovered the way around this. Go to the blackberry link shortcut ... right click on it and go to properties .... click open file locations and delete the ar folder ... done! :smileymad: 

Please use plain text.
conanmanchester
My Device: Curve

By looking at what "English" was in Arabic I worked out that if you download the Multilanguage file. Double clock the exe. On the pull down menu click the 3rd one down and then click the right button to install. It will then be in English. Hope that helps. Drove me mad for hours!!!

Please use plain text.