Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar

Desktop software 6.0 not working

I have been using DM 5.0.1 without any problem (Windows XP) for my Bold 9700. 

Upon receiving the notification of the availability of an update for the DM (DS version 6.0) I downloaded and installed it, apparently without any problem.  However, the only thing I got upon clicking the new desktop icon for the DS was a black, empty windows, with no error messages at all.  Uninstalling the 6.0 and reinstalling it was of no help. The RIM folder in the Program Files shows up a BB Desktop folder, with a lot of files, and clicking the desktop manager application file was of no help either, so I had to go back to version 5.0.1 to keep my BB sync. 

Anybody from RIM or the BB-community can suggest something to overcome this problem? 

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,135
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop software 6.0 not working

Try a clean uninstall of Desktop Manager

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

UNinstall both versions DM 5 and 6.

Now try installing DM again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks. As soon as I will try it I will let you know the outcome.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Singtel

I have did the same thing clean uninstall and the DM6 will not detect my phone. My computer recognises the BB when connected but the DM6 has no response. Even when i want to close the DM6 it just hangs there. Requiring me to close it through task manager. I am running winXP SP3

New Contributor

I was finally able to get the time to do the clean uninstall as per KB02206, but unfortunately it did not work for me.  Installation of DM 600_B47 runs smoothly, but upon opening the DM I only get the black, empty window.  I am using WXP SP3 running as a virtual machine under VMware on a MacBook, and installation was done with antivirus running.  Any other suggestion??  Thanks a lot.

Visitor

Hi, rpiras, have you sold the problem with DM 6? I have the similar situation - DM doesn't start after clicking on the icon - just initial window appears and after that MS information about error apppears. I unninstalled clearly DM but nothing changed. Any ideas?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Roges

I also have the same trouble. I am running the newest desktop software, have deleted and reloaded and

cannot get it to fully run.  Did you get any help?

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: maxis

i am facing the same problem - after opting for the upgraded version, I am unable to sync with my Lotus notes and ironically it only affects my calendar portion. The contacts part remained ok. I am not sure what's the problem but each time i tried syncing, error message pops up stating " you may lose your data if you are in teh midst of something".  This has become quite annoying when the phone is supposed to be a smart phone... have tried numerous times in unstalling and reinstalling but no avail... anyone has any idea how to resolve the issue?