Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
jmoskowitz
My Device: 8500

Desktop software 6 will not install on Windows 7 - prior posts did not help

I have a new computer with Windows 7. I downloaded and tried to install Desktop softwarew version 6 and it continually hangs at the screen at which Install Shield would normally show the progress bar showing the progress of the install. It is the screen with a photo of a BB and saying 'Take your music, pictures and vidoes with you'. The progress bar never show any progress at all and the task manager shows no activitiy. There is no version of BB desktop in the machine (no prior versions to uninstall). I have checked the registry and there are no Research in Motion entries. There is nothing in Programs Files (x86). I have turned off my Norton Internet Security before running the install. I have even tried creating a new user account and loading the desktop software there as suggested in a prior post. The same thing happens.

I need the desktop software to sync with Outlook. What suggestions are there for resolving this issue? I can't think of anything else to check to see what is blocking InstallShield from continuing the installation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmoskowitz
My Device: 8500

Re: Desktop software 6 will not install on Windows 7 - prior posts did not help

A further update on the problem - I went to the task manager for the Install Blackberry Desktop Software application, and ask the task manager to go to the process it is running - it shows msiexec.exe *32.
Please use plain text.