Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Desktop software keeps crashing when it tries to sync organizer info

Normally, I use Outlook for all of my emails/calender/whatever it is that I happen to be doing, and aside the occasional duplicates of contacts or appointments (if you happen to know how to avoid this as well, I swear, I will build a temple in your honor!), I haven't had any real trouble. Since Outlook has randomly decided to stop working with my live email account, and since that's pretty much the only reason I actually really use outlook, I decided to give windows calender a try and see if it would sync all right with my phone. I exported a calender and did a one-way sync to my blackberry without any problems...but now, any time I connect my phone to the computer, it automatically tries to sync the phone to the calender and crashes.

I realize it's probably a simple fix and I'm probably missing something completely obvious....but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how to FIX it?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Desktop software keeps crashing when it tries to sync organizer info

Hi kkthekitty,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Can you please provide more information on the synchronization issue you are having?

What version of BlackBerry® Desktop Software do you have installed?

What is the full error message you receive when synchronizing your calendar?

Is your calendar stored locally in a .pst file on your computer or are Microsoft® Outlook® and Windows® Calendar connecting with your calendar in Windows Live™ webmail to synchronize?

Thanks,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!