Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 8800
My Carrier: AT&T

Desktop software refused to configure sync with MemoPad

I have version of the desktop software and am synchronizing with a Bold 9650.

When I go to the 'Configure Settings' button on the Organizer screen, it shows that all the services are configured to sync with Microsoft Outlook except for MemoPad.  When I click on the 'Setup' and configure the MemoPad synchronization with Outlook, it goes through the whole wizard without any errors and I click on Finish.  When it returns to the Intellisync Setup screen, MemoPad is still unchecked as if nothing ever happened. 

How can I get the Desktop Software setup to allow me to sync my MemoPad with Outlook Notes?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Desktop software refused to configure sync with MemoPad

Hi jsimons

What version of BlackBerry Desktop Software are you using and what version of Microsoft Outlook do you have installed?  Have you tried a sync to see if the memos actually go through?

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Desktop software refused to configure sync with MemoPad

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue.  After running through the configuration wizard without issue, it unchecks the item I was just configuring.  For example, if I select Memopad, then click "Setup," I can run through the entire wizard without error.  As soon as I click "Finish," the wizard exits and the "MemoPad" option gets unchecked.  This same behavior is happening for MemoPad, Address Book and Tasks-- but Calendar works fine.  I try syncing and sure enough, the only item that syncs is the calendar.  So what gives?

I am running BB DM v6.1.0.35 (Bundle 34) on Windows 7 x64 with Outlook 2007.