Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: verizon

Desktop v7 bug -- duplicate extraneous calendar entries

[ Edited ]

Am one of those who happened to be available when the V7 desktop software rolled out. After much effort got most things back to normal -- except calendar loads. Deleted all BB entries using desktop software and did a one way calendar load to BB (3k entries) Sync program is creating extraneous entries for my birthdays -- all day events download from outlook creates on entry on the correct day and one on the next day

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Desktop v7 bug -- duplicate extraneous calendar entries

Hi,

I've experienced a similar problem. My solution was to downgrade back to DTM 6. Back to sanity now, but not sure what is lost by not using the current release of the desktop software? Guess maybe no support for latest handset (9900 etc) with new release of software? Bonus is that it does not take all day to start the initial sync and future syncs are reasonably fast, unlike the new DTM 7.

I'm using Windows 7, Outlook 2010, DTM 6 syncing via cable to BB 9800 Torch on OS6.0. All appears ok and I only have one instance of each all day event and it appears also to talk to my Playbook.

Good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: storm2
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Desktop v7 bug -- duplicate extraneous calendar entries

I initial tried to back level my software without success. In March there was an maintenance upgrade to v6 software that got thinks back -- tho it required a manual unistall ... manual reqistry cleanup, several reboots then install with maintenance. Thanks