Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
Accepted Solution

Desktop version 6 not finding phone after downgrading from the not working version 7

OK, so I STUPIDLY accepted the desktop version 7 update notification and downloaded and installed the new version, only to be reminded that I had done that before, had problems and had to downgrade.

Months ago I had problems, and spent hours of my life trying to work out exactly how to downgrade back to version 6, after losing many hours I eventually got it all working and everything was fine until my moment of stupidity the other week.

I now find myself back to not being able to get it to work.

I have searched the forum and all I can find is thread suggesting what I have done...

Where I am now....
I uninstalled version 7, reinstalled version 6.1.0.35 (the version that was working, for which I had the zip install file for on my pc after I had the problems earlier in the year)...
Tried to get it to work, with no success...
So I have tried to uninstall version 6.1.0.35 completely, turned off the pc, restarted the pc, reinstalled version 6.1.0.35, turned off the pc, restatrted the pc, tried to get the software to find the handset

No joy!

Anyone wish to point me in the right direction before I completely lose the plot??!!

I want version 6.1.0.35 installed and finding my phone, and syncronising, like it was before I accepted the update to version 7 by mistake!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

Re: Desktop version 6 not finding phone after downgrading from the not working version 7

SOLVED IT!

OK I've persisted, yet another uninstall and reinstall and no luck... but then I thought to look at the device manager and get windows to update the software. Driver updated, everything now works...