Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ditch DocumentsToGo and start over. Windows Mobile anyone?

Have just switched from the Windows Mobile (WM) environment on my Treo to the new Blackberry Storm, I am very disappointed with DocumentsToGo. It is cumbersome, awkward and a barbaric step backward.

MW always synced my Word documents automatically, much faster and bi-directionally.

Using DTG requires that I fire up the Blackberry Desktop and then the Media Manager and the manually Copy/Replace the files I want to update and sync.  It takes for ever and is rediculously cumbersome.

DataViz should be embarrassed for promoting DTG as a productive solution of any kind.

Blackberry is fantastic in every other sense, but I strongly urge them to ditch DTG and either work out a deal with Microsoft to incorporate thier WM document sync system, or develop thier own all together.  Or, coerce DataViz into dramatically improving their product.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Ditch Documentation and start over. Windows Mobile anyone?

I agree to the extend that it does take a couple of extra clicks to upload documents and honestly, it is totally pointless, you could not be more right.  I'm not sure if the blame is being properly dispersed here. When you use a WM device and it syncs automatically, this is Microsoft doing what they traditionally do, make it hard for third parties to use their software more efficiently. (how long did it take a Macintosh to ms office) while making their software work seamlessly.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!