Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Download desktop software for Curve 8320

I purchased my Curve 8320 from a previous owner and the software CD was not included. Which version do I download?
Developer

Re: Download desktop software for Curve 8320

To get BB Desktop Software open this link: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Click on "Download" button.

In drop-down list select: BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.7

Click on "Next" button below the drop-down list

Find

Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B59 English - Without Media Manager

and download it.

When it is downloaded - install it.

I advised to download BB Desktop Software without Media Manager because it is not necessary to have Media Manager.

It is possible to avoid use of Media Manager and transfer media files directly to the memory card from desktop computer.

Check this link for instructions:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post
New Contributor

Ok. I downloaded it successfully. But now I'm having problems with the phone communicating with it. When I click on an icon in the main menu I get a small window titled Device Connection. Then it has select a device to connect: with a drop down menu. Nothing there. At the lower left corner of the desktop manager I see Device connected (PIN): None. 

Please help what I need to do next. Thanks. 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi!

Sounds like a USB connection problem. Try a different USB port -- and also only use USB ports that are directly on your PC -- no USB hubs. Failing that, you can also try downloading (same place as the link you were provided) just the USB drivers and installing them alone to be sure that they are in.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

Try to use another USB-ports on your computer.

If there is no "working" USB-port --- check USB-data cable.

Connect another usb-device via this cable or try to use another cable.

If USB-ports on the computer are ok and data cable is ok - check device usb-port.

If there is no visual problems with device usb port - and device still cannot be recognized - do the following.

Perform clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software.

To perform clean uninstall of old BB Desktop Software check this link for info:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&slic...

After that restart your desktop computer and install BB Desktop Software you have already downloaded as I described in previous post.

----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post