Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

rledbet
My Device: Not Specified

Duplicate Calendar entries

When I synchronize my Blackberry Pearl, if I have "synchronize organizer data" activated, it will duplicate the existing calendar entries. When done, I have a duplicate of everything. What do I do to get it to only update new entries, or entries that have been modified?
New Contributor

Re: Duplicate Calendar entries

I'm having the same issue... with my Pearl. Is it a Pearl defect? I just got this phone last Saturday.
-Verizon Pearl 8130
Regular Contributor
Ben

While not specific to the Pearl, it could be a device database corruption.   Two potential resolutions:

1) Corrupt sync data:  Open the Desktop Manager > Open Synchronize > Click Configuration Tab > Click Reset Configuration.

Close and Reopen the Desktop Manager, then resetup your sync settings with Outlook.

If the issue persists, repeat step 1 and:

2) Clear the calendar database on the BlackBerry:  Hook up your BlackBerry > Open Backup & Restore > Click on Advanced.

Locate Calendar and Calendar All in the list under Device Database, on the right.   Highlight them, and click the Clear button below the list.  You may need to press clear several times, repeat till there are no entries.

Resetup your sync, and synchronize. 

jmillican

I have done this and it corrects the problem temporarily. Is there a permanent fix? I downloaded the calendar patch but I still have the same problem after 4 or 5 syncs.
New Contributor

yeah... this is only a temporary fix... :smileysad: I hope this problem doesn't happen on the new 8330... I'll be getting that when it comes out!
-Verizon Pearl 8130
smartberry

I have a new Curve 8310 and am having the same problem.  I have used an iPaq for years and have never had this problem.  I went to a "smartphone" to try to eliminate having to carry both devices.  I am very disappointed.

I hope a fix comes out soon or I may return this phone for something more reliable.

smartberry

LOL...  I guess I should have treated the Curve like an iPaq.  I tried a hard reset on it, and the duplicates are gone.  I am suprised, however, that a hard reset did not put the Blackberry itself back to the way it was when it came out of the box.  My applications and data are all still there.  On an iPaq, I'd call that a soft reset instead.

First the Palm OS, then Windows Mobile and now the RIM OS.  I guess I've just got one more I need to learn about now.  That's technology for ya.