Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

vigneau wrote:

For sure it helps ! Thank you for your help, you had your Kudo !

Just have to wait for the development team, then...

You are welcome...but...what about the documented workaround? Did Click To Run not apply to your situation?

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
vigneau
My Device: 9780

Yes it should, but I have to ask my network administrator for that. I will let you (and all) know about the result. Thanks again.

Contributor
vigneau
My Device: 9780

It works ! Just by reinstalling Outlook.

Many thanks again.

slikrick0105
My Device: curve 8530

I tried to sync my bb and at the end it read a fatal error occurred!?
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

slikrick0105 wrote:
I tried to sync my bb and at the end it read a fatal error occurred!?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Can you provide any more information to help with diagnosis? With what you've posted, there can only be guesses...things like:

• BB Model Number
  • BB OS Level (all 4 octets)
  • PC OS and path level
  • PC Organizer software (e.g., Outlook) and version (e.g., Outlook 2010x64)
  • Desktop Software Version
  • The exact syntax of the error message you receive, including punctuation

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mrtoddcan
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: BB Desktop Software: Application Loader: Cannot Apply Updates, Installs, etc.

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been talked about already.

I read the help with this but my phone is my own personal phone.

Does anybody know how to fix this....

Running latest version of desktop software. 

Thanks,

Todd

New Contributor
Step2Change
My Device: 8900 Curve

Hi I'm having trouble configuring my organizer configuration. I'd had trouble synching to my MS Outlook 2003, getting a message about one or more folders being unavailable. I followed advice about resetting them and then reconfiguring, but for some reason, I keep going through the setup but nothing registers when I click finish. I have since reloaded my BB Curve 8900 to platform 5 and just upgraded my Desktop to latest version, but still cannot configure my synchronization to Organiser. Any advice would be gratefully accepted as the BB is not delivering if I can't keep my diaries and address books in synch.

Please help.

Trusted Contributor
DarylS
My Device: 9650

[ Edited ]

thank you for the tips.  there is nothing easy about trouble shooting this mess.  Not one of them helps me.  I am using an IBM laptop with xp and have never had a problem with previous version of DTM.  The new version recognizes my device and will sync but when I ask select applications it spins for hours and delivers nothing.  I have tried to uninstall the DTM and reinstall it again but the same thing happens.  Also is showing a new update version of OS 6 yet I have heard of no new OS 6 being available for my device and it won't allow me to update it anyway.  Am using Bold 9650 Verizon with OS 6.0.0466

csnell67
My Device: Curve 3G (9300)

In the latest version of desktop manager I do not see a place to change to detect. I had an older curve and never had a problem connecting my BB in fact my boss got a new 3g awhile back and on his PC I was able to get it to connect but I for the life of me cannot get my PC to see my devise. The charger icon flashes when I connect so it isn't a cable issue. I do'nt think I can keep this phone if I can't connect to my PC.

New Contributor
baldijntje
My Device: Blackberry Bol 9780

I tried to install the Blackberry Desktop Software, and that went fine. But when I tried to start the programm, I got the notice: That it doesn't work. Please help me with this problem!

I got a Sony Vaio laptop, with operating system Vista.