Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
rcleacock
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com is the site I got the OS from

the OS is

v6.0.0.2342 
New Contributor
Mythorn
My Device: Bold 9000

I have an oddball issue.  Previous to upgrading to DTM 6.1 from 6.0, I had no issues.  Since upgrading, I can launch DTM without issue but as soon as I try to connect my BB or use any of the menu options (i.e. Tools > Desktop Options or click on the Pictures Sync) , the program crashes with the error "BlackBerry Desktop Software has enountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  I can install on another PC, so I am sure that it has to do with my particular computer.  If I downgrade to DTM 5, it will work without issue.  The problem now occurs on 6.0 as well.  I am running XP sp3, Bold 9000.  Have you got any advice other than reinstalling my OS on the computer in question?

Much obliged for any help,

Darel

New Contributor
dare50
My Device: 9700

i have the same problem since upgrading i cannot connect my blackberry without the desktop manager crashing. Any solution other than getting an Iphone?

Contributor
trpster
My Device: Torch 9800

Wow, I bet my problem and solution are in there, but I get so lost trying to understand it.  Thanks for posting it. I just need to get my desktop program to recognize my phone and download the data to my new laptop. Do you know if the current Desktop software has problems with Windows 7, as the trble shooting wants to reset it for XP?  Do I? Should I?  Which box to tick?  

"**bleep** it Jim, I'm a photographer, not a programmmer!"~Shlock

Contributor
trpster

Getting an iPhone is NEVER a solution. Apple doesn't play well with others, you can't share charging cords with friends, change batteries, or do much more than a few differing apps and take cruddy photos with out a flash. IMHO

My son has a 3G and it has a crack, the Hubs iPhone 3G dropped and smashed dead. I dropped my Torch outside, my dog picked it up and brought it to me, no worse for wear! Lets see an Apple phone take the beatings a BB can!

New Contributor
Mythorn

I finally got it to work. Shortly before upgrading to DTM6.1 I had replaced my wired mouse with a wireless one. Acting on nothing more than a whim, I tried disconnecting it temporarily before connecting my BB. It worked. Once it worked, I was able to reconnect the mouse and everything works together now. Something in the mouse driver caused a conflict with the BB initial identification protocols. Once the BB had been properly recognized, though, it no longer needed to use those protocols. If you have any wireless devices, try removing them (just unplug the USB portion) before connecting the BB, see it if works.
Contributor
trpster

Thanks, I'll try that.  At this point, I will try most anything short of running a lap around my living room and paper airplanes.

The USB ports on this laptop are very close together, so that sounds strange enough to work.  Short of this, any other answers? (I'm not on my lapper just now.)

P

New Contributor
Mythorn

Only other suggestion (assuming the rest of the options in this thread were attempted) is either install and use it on another machine or reformat. Neither too palatable, I know.
New Contributor
kwannamaker
My Device: Torch 9810/Playbook

I have a Blackberry Torch 9810.  I get a an "Unknown Error Reported".  Any suggestions.  Tried installing and reinstalling, same error occurs.  Also taken battery out of Torch.  Nothing appears to work....

Contributor
trpster

Another machine isn't an option, as I am trying to phase out my old desktop that is still running Vista and has less than 27% room left in it's hard drive.

Thanks tho for the time, and the reply.

P