Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
virus2006
My Device: curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

This error i get while syncing contacts... pls help

http://img231.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=393621580_bberror_122_179lo.jpg

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

so did you click on the help button?
why do you want to synchronize contacts? OTA is already active.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Visitor
varadphatak
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: !dea Cellular

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I own a BB 9300 OS 6.0. When I connect my BB to the Computer it shows there connecting to Mobile Internet for a long long time.

What is the problem? Should I turn off the broadband I am using or what?

Please reply ASAP!

This is the view of the problem i am facing!

https://picasaweb.google.com/105400946259988797289/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCKqo7LP6ueOMhgE&gsessionid=...

Thank You

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hydeheath
My Device: Curve CE0168 HDW 22636 002 RevF Vert 3 109
My Carrier: o2

I just Googled the symptom and found it to be a common issue.

I have had issues with my own Blackberry/PC link since they ‘improved’ the software and I haven’t found the time to sort it out myself (though I am not seeing the same error as you) - to be honest I have never found this link to be anything other than a pain so I don’t rely upon doing data transfers between them anymore.

hydeheath
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Chiefmech1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Frustrated - in the 2 years I've owned my 8520 I've never used my DT Mgr. Software. I downloaded the most current version.  All I get is "Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working" - It never opens, so how can it stop working?  I want to start using the program - could someone kindly help?

BTW - I'm running Windows 7 on a newer Dell laptop...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
segredos
My Device: Not Specified

Dear tamrock777,

thanks for your guide. Unfortunately, I'm still encountering problems with the synchronization.

I have a BB Curve 9360, and use the DM 7.0.

I manage to sync tasks and notes. But when it comes to Contacts and Calendar, the system gets stuck: it starts reading the data, then freezes when "preparing the pre-visualization of the synchronization".

Since it works with tasks and notes, I'm worried it could be a matter of volume (i have over 9000 contacts).

Any hint what I could do ?? I'm getting crazy, since I travel a lot and need to update both my BB and Outlook !

Thanks for any support !

Best regards,
Stefan

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
armanddem
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks Tamrock, my problem is solved

Please use plain text.
spazda11
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: telus

go to upgrade phone it tries to do it and tells me the desktop needs a update so i click and comp freezes! please help

need to update my software it wont work thru my cell says use desktop manager i go to use it and it starts to do it an tells me desktop manager needs a update 1st so i push ok and nothing happens!  ive uninstalled the program and re instaled and same thing! getting very irratated with this phone ready to get rid of it! please any ans would help

Please use plain text.
ExxOr3b3l
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobilink

Re: go to upgrade phone it tries to do it and tells me the desktop needs a update so i click and comp freezes! please help

Hi,

I have an issue with updating my mobile software with DM v6.0. when i connect the device DM says update available. When clicked on update if first takes backup and then when it starts the install process, there is an error saying the desktop manager cannot connect to internet please check your connection and try again. I have checked firewall, infact tried with firewall turned off but nothing. I checked this on 3 more computers, excluding my machince literally and all got same error message, on different connected locations. I tried it on another PC, the fifth one, and it worked perfectly smooth. Can you please help me with this. i have been trying to find out a solution for long enough now and cant figure it out. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks a lot. 

spazda11 wrote:

need to update my software it wont work thru my cell says use desktop manager i go to use it and it starts to do it an tells me desktop manager needs a update 1st so i push ok and nothing happens!  ive uninstalled the program and re instaled and same thing! getting very irratated with this phone ready to get rid of it! please any ans would help

Please use plain text.
zhucehao
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Network

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for this guide!!!!!  I've been searching for more than a week for my solution.  I couldn't believe how hard it was to find it.  My desktop Manager would get stuck "working" whenever I plugged in my Tour.  Wish I would hav e thought of a hard rest myself! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

{Links removed}

Please use plain text.