Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
PETERPNYC
My Device: BOLD 9650

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

Can you tell me exactly where to find BB DM 6.1.0  I see a few archives or sites that try to install spyware, taskbars, etc and I cant fine a clean install anywhere. BB do longer offers it  

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

PETERPNYC wrote:

Can you tell me exactly where to find BB DM 6.1.0  I see a few archives or sites that try to install spyware, taskbars, etc and I cant fine a clean install anywhere. BB do longer offers it  

Thanks

Hello,

Here are two sites I know of...since I can't know which you've already tried, apologies if these are redundant:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
PETERPNYC
My Device: BOLD 9650

thanks for the quick response . Has anyone ever seen the advanced fields mapping of contacts with the name, First and last , plus company name grayed out? Therefore making it impossible to change.

I dloaded unistalled reinstalled 2 x and can't figure it out. Going back to VER 6 . 1 . 0
I assume in second link you sent 610 stands for 6.1.0.
Thanks again. Re the luck I think I will need it
New Contributor
jrclen
My Device: Curve 9330

My desktop manager software will not run at all. When I click it I see a message which says blackberry desktop software has stopped running. The fact it, it won't even start running. I installed and reinstalled the software and it will not run. Widows Vista premium.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jrclen wrote:

My desktop manager software will not run at all. When I click it I see a message which says blackberry desktop software has stopped running. The fact it, it won't even start running. I installed and reinstalled the software and it will not run. Widows Vista premium.

Hello!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
mmiraglia12
My Device: Bold 9930

here are the details of the error message i get when opening desktop mgr in Win7.  I have clean un-installed, re-installed etc.  Nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: rim.desktop.exe

Problem Signature 02: 7.1.0.32

Problem Signature 03: 4ffd97ce

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c7cc

Problem Signature 07: 1b2b

Problem Signature 08: c

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

New Contributor
jrclen
My Device: Curve 9330

I tried the clean install, reinstall, multiple times. No luck. The strange thing is, it used to work just fine on this computer and it runs fine on a nearly identicle Dell Laptop containing the same softward. I will try to download and install an older version to see if that might help.

Developer
peppinoibra
My Device: playbook

thanks
If I helped you click (LIKE) thanks
Visitor
makanhlali
My Device: 8520

Hey I don't have a disk and I can't download desktop manager on my phone is there any alternative way I can downloading it or a websites that can help me do that
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello makanhlali,

please explain what you want to do exactly.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: