Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
navigator303
My Device: Blackberry Q5 sqr 100-2
My Carrier: utility warehouse

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

I am replying to the newest post Sorry to Hi Jack this entry

Will desk top  V6 software bundle 47 issued 25th August 2010 work in windows 8?

If not is there desk top software for curve 8900 that will run in win *?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

navigator303 wrote:

Will desk top  V6 software bundle 47 issued 25th August 2010 work in windows 8?

Probably not, though the actual compatibility specs for that version are not available. However, being released long before the existence of Win8, I truly doubt it can.

navigator303 wrote:

If not is there desk top software for curve 8900 that will run in win *?

Officially, there is no version of the Desktop Software that is listed as compatible with Win8:

There are, however, reports here on this site from folks who have had some success using the latest version with Win8 -- you can search for other threads discussing Win8. Of course, one cannot be assured of functionality nor would any formal support be available until such time as a compatible version is indeed released. No one here can say when that will happen, or even if.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
kavisangcris
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Globe

Good morning,

I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Manager version 7.1.  I had been trying to install it on my Samsung Series 9 Ultrabook but when I click on it from Download folder, the Setup panel does not appear after the initial unzipping of file. I looked at my download, control panel and applications, even searched for the "Blackberry Desktop Manager" but nothing comes up.  I have been trying to set it up since yesterday - about 6 to 7 times already. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"Ultrabook"? As in a NetBook? If so, please read the link in the post just above yours, and see if your device meets the requirements for compatibility with the Desktop Software. As I recall, NetBooks do not.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tnsingwane
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: Vodacom

hi, I have istaled the desk top software but I did not get the BB icon on the screen and the rim folder in programe file is empty. I had it before on my computer and deleted it, please assist.

regards.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

tnsingwane wrote:

hi, I have istaled the desk top software but I did not get the BB icon on the screen and the rim folder in programe file is empty. I had it before on my computer and deleted it, please assist.

regards.

Hello,

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Funshycool
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,
Have been trying to connect my Device Torch 9810 with OS7.0.0.585, to the Mobile internet on my PC which is using Window 8. The most annoying part is that, any time I try to connect it with the internet this annoying message do pop out "Failed to strat Mobile Internet" which I don't know how to correct this.
Thanks in advance as you help me out on this
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ndottech
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks for your info !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rsbrux
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Swisscom

[ Edited ]

Desktop Manager 7.1.0.39 was working relatively well for me under WinXP x64 with my BB Torch 9800, except for the occasional crash on exit or shutdown.  Recently Desktop Manager suggested that I update it from 7.1.0.39 to 7.1.0.41.  Since the update I can no longer get  the Torch to connect to Desktop Manager, despite trying the measures suggested in the first post of this thread.

What else can I try?

Failing all else, how can I "downgrade" back to 7.1.0.39?

P.S. I am connecting the Torch directly to the PC via USB

Please use plain text.
mauriceir20
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

I Have similar problems with BB Bold 9900

How can i update when it crashes every 30 seconds???

Help phone is 2 weeks old?

Please use plain text.