Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

if you have that much, it means you have a recent device. How much Application memory do you have ? And what is your device model ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Mayur_01
My Device: Curve 8520

Xandrex wrote:

if you have that much, it means you have a recent device. How much Application memory do you have ? And what is your device model ?

Ya i only purchased this phone at the begining of March. This is my first bb phone.

Application Memory - Free Memory 117.9MB

Model: Curve 8520

Thanks for your help btw!

Visitor
RichMcKinney
My Device: 9550

I noticed that the first 2 catagories of failures ends in "uninstall and reinstall".  I have had to do that once already on my system, and I have had my BB for only 2 months now.  We have a LOT of BB's at work, and are seeing a need to reinstall on the customer machines with some regularity. 

My question is how much is "Normal"?  Does RIM recoginze this issue and have any guidance?

Rich

Sunray11
My Device: curve 8530

this is the first time i am using BB desktop manager, it is telling me that i need to be connected to the internet (obviously  i am if i am on this board) i tried restarting comp, plugging in unplugging bb, also unistalling and reinstalling my program... HELP!

New Contributor
catberry

Unfortunately, this is the point where I gave up.  I still check on this forum but  having to uninstall/install is a pretty prevalent issue with the Desktop Manager.  It once recognized my itunes for a brief moment and then suddenly indicated I was disconnected.  I probably did the uninstall/install routine 10-12 times before I gave up.  I could never load my itunes.  I think BB needs to take charge and  fix something before I invest any more time.  I have come to the conclusion that any device that needs a Community Support Forum probably needs more work on the manufacturer/designer side. 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello cathberry, please keep in mind that Desktop Manager will never interact with iTunes.

You need BlackBerry Media Sync for that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
catberry

Hi Xandrex -

I downloaded the Media sync.  It shows up on the Desktop Manager.  It has actually connected to my itunes but instantly disconnected as soon as the Desktop Manager stopped recognizing my phone as connected.  Sequence is; Desktop Manager recognizes my phone, I click on Media Sync, itunes show up, Desktop Manager instantly says my phone is disconnected, itunes disappear, and I can't get media Sync to work .  Uninstall desktop manager; reinstall d.m., plug in phone, d.m. recognizes my phone...repeat.  Media Sync seems to break the d,m, connection...then d.m. disconnects and ends Media Sync connection. 

Dicouraged...Don't know what to do. 

My ipod is such cake!!

Catberry

New Contributor
namebas
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've done everything posted here, my Desktop Manager still remains working forever. I've been wrestling with both my PC and my BlackBerry for hours. These are what I've been dealing with:

Windows 7 Ultimate (not sure if that has an effect)

Desktop Manager 5

BlackBerry Bold 9700

My device is only a week old, I still can't connect it to my computer since the first day.

I've tried hard reset, reset my PC, every other possibility.

I'm trying to get rid of corrupted contacts on my BlackBerry. I've been informed that the only way to do so is to connect my device to a computer and remove it through DM.

Is there any other option?

PS. Or it DOES take very long to stop 'working' at first time?

Thank you

BLC762
My Device: 9550

I've developed an issue with DTM.

When connecting my 9550 or opening DTM manually it flashes the prompt; DTM requires a display resolution of 800X600 or greater. Please correct your settings and reopen DTM.

The default resolution on my netbook is 1320x768. I have reset the resolution with no effect.

I hace removed and reinstalled the latest DTM version from Blackberry.com.

I had been able to connect previously. I am using Windows 7 Home.

Any ideas?

BEEBO15
My Device: 8900

I JUST PURCHASED A 8900.  AFTER A DEFECTIVE FIRST UNIT I WAS GIVEN MY REPLACEMENT.  THE DESKTOP MANAGER LOADED FINE AS WELL AS THE UPDATE.  I CANNOT HOWEVER GET IT TO DETECT MY PHONE.  IT SAYS DISCONNECTED.  I TRIED ALL THE FIXES LISTED WITH NO SUCCESS.  IN THE FIX THAT REQUIRED GOING INTO THE CONNECTIONS MAKING SURE IT WAS CHECKED DETECT THERE IS NO OPTION LIKE THAT ON MINE.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?    I AM READY TO TAKE THIS BACK AND GET A LESS COMPLICATED PHONE.

THANKS.