Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Michael728
My Device: Storm 2 9550

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

Thanks for all the info but my problemis with the Media Manager not installing. It asks for the start up disk, which I put in but will not access it. Am I missing a step here or is this program designed to test my patience.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

if you need Media Sync, launch it directly without going through Desktop Manager. I believe it may solve some of your issues.

About installing Desktop manager, you can :

1. uninstall it completely (there is an article in the public knowledge base about it)
  2. take the CD, copy the content to your local harddisk
  3. launch the installation from the harddisk

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
paser155
My Device: Curve 8520

I have BB Curve 8520 OS 5.0.0.654, and I am running Windows 7 Professional with MS Outlook 2010 on my new laptop. I run thru the DTM contacts synch wizard successfully and when I then hit the Finish Button I get a dialogue box titled Microsoft Outlook Connector Error with the message "No available message stores"

I have checked all first and last names for correctness in both the BB and the laptop and have removed and reinserted the BB battery without any success.

New Contributor
SteveHouse
My Device: Bold 9700

Versions of Desktop Manager prior to 6.0 aren't compatible with Outlook 2010.

Guru I
Xandrex

compatibility of DM6 and Outlook 2010 is partial anyway. More info in this article of the public knowledge base :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20654

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
mcshovin
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

When I connect my Bold 9700 to Desktop Manager I get a message that says unknown error. As a result of this it disables my ability to up date and save my contacts to Windows Contacts or to My outlook contacts. Does anyone have the solution to this

New Contributor
Xabel
My Device: BB 9700

Hi, I have the same problem that Mcshovin.  My BB 9700 connected and when I launch the Desktop Manager and trying to configure the synchronization with Outlook Intellisync displays "Unknown error". 

It's a severe error because I can not update my BB data.  What can I do?  Is there any fix to solve it?

My DM version is 6.0.0.43 and my Outlook is 2007 version.

Regards.

Guru I
Xandrex

Xabel wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem that Mcshovin.  My BB 9700 connected and when I launch the Desktop Manager and trying to configure the synchronization with Outlook Intellisync displays "Unknown error". 

It's a severe error because I can not update my BB data.  What can I do?  Is there any fix to solve it?

My DM version is 6.0.0.43 and my Outlook is 2007 version.

Regards.

please read message 22 of the current discussion, on page 2.

New Contributor
cajdo187
My Device: Torch 9800

How did you get the Desktop Manager to install without crashing on startup??????

Annie Rasmussen, D.O.
Guru I
Xandrex

cajdo187 wrote:

How did you get the Desktop Manager to install without crashing on startup??????

I clicked and it installed itself. I will not help you unless you explain what you do and what you mean by "crash".