Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Easy guide to troubleshooting the Desktop Manager

Hello,

Sorry but Blakberry Desktop Manager 6.0 stops running an my PC Amilo Siemens / Windows 7 Premium / 1Gb RAM/ 1.6 Ghz  when Blakberry Desktop Manager V5 and V4 were running before.

Unfortunately, no change were observed after several uninstall/install of Blakberry Desktop Manager 6.0.

Thank you for your support.

Laurent

My Device: Not Specified

Hi! All,
I have had it with BB and their cop out from their user satisfaction reponsibilities!
I opened my desktop v5 as normal to back up my 9000 bold, and I was flagged to download v6.
I did so and that is where my pain began.
Windows detected my bold, but desktop v6 wouldn't, also desktop would not close until I invoked task manager.
Then my search for solutions began, lasting about a week.
Advised and tried everything, clean downloads, hard resets, reset ports, forum to google and google to forum, etc, etc, etc.
At midnight last night I finally gave up, cleaned out version 6 and reinstalled v5.
Hey presto, everything back to normal with v5!
I didn't ask for v6 anyway, but why must we have to upgrade before the updates are fully tested?
From one very dissatisfied user, I would dump BB tomorrow as soon as there is an alternative!

I just did an update for my BB Curve. However, everything was "scrubbed" during this update and I lost EVERYTHING. I tried everything possible. Please help!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

jaydizel47 wrote:
I just did an update for my BB Curve. However, everything was "scrubbed" during this update and I lost EVERYTHING. I tried everything possible. Please help!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Pretty hard to be certain about helping you when you've already tried "everything possible". So, at the risk of being redundant to that...

If you did the update via your PC AND if you used desktop manager and/or loader to do the update AND if you did not override the automatic backup, THEN you should still be able to restore from that. Search your entire hard drive for files with the extension of IPD (*.IPD). The date/time stamps of the files will guide you to the most recent one. If one was created during the update, then that's your restore source. Use the appropriate KB, from these, to perform the restore:

• KB23680How to back up and restore BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0
  • KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.3 to 5.0.1 to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8700
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello,

I have an old 8700 blackberry and used Desktop 4.2 to synch.  Worked great.  Today downloaded Desktop 6.  Cannot get it to synch organizer data no matter how many times I set it up it always says nothing is set up.  Most areas greyed out so can't explore much.  So before I delete it, wanted to see if I am missing something or if the software is just not compatible.  It finds and  backs up the blackberry but can't synch with Outlook for Calendar or Address book.  And NOW it won't do it on 4.2. desktop manager either.  Says internal error - see logs but logs are greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

I am a very early Smartphone user, recently purchased my first BB. For the most part I am quite pleased, would appreciate some help with a nagging issue.

When attempting to snyc the STyle to my computer (BB Desktop 6.0.0.407), the software claims that there are conflicts with EVERY ENTRY, EACH TIME I SYNC. Even after the advanced setting stipulate that Outlook wins every time, I end up having to reject the changes.

It is a bit annoying that RIM does not offer some type of free support to newbies, so I will give this a try.

Highlighted

Yayyyy it works on me. .very happy. .finally my DM F could recognize my Bold 9000. I feel die until I read the tutorial by administrator yay. .thxxx sooo muchhhh :*
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: sfr

Thank you for this posting.

A problem is not adressed : how to do when Outlook is not proposed as a source to synchronize organizer ? I use Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

Thaks in advance

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

vigneau wrote:

Thank you for this posting.

A problem is not adressed : how to do when Outlook is not proposed as a source to synchronize organizer ? I use Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

Thaks in advance

Hello,

Please see this more recent KB on that matter:

• KB23971When synchronization settings are configured with Microsoft Office 2010, the Microsoft Outlook translator is missing

Hopefully it has what you need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: sfr

For sure it helps ! Thank you for your help, you had your Kudo !

Just have to wait for the development team, then...