Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
iceman43c
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Accepted Solution

Editing contacts and notes in Desktop

Somehow I managed to get duplicate contacts and notes on my BB 9900. Does anyone know how to edit the files in Desktop. Deleting the duplicates on the 9900 seems like a big and time consuming job. thx.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Editing contacts and notes in Desktop

Are you syncing to Outlook with Desktop Manager?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iceman43c

Hi John,

Yes, I am syncing to outlook. Should I be able to edit the outlook files and then sync again?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

What I would do is make a full backup of the BB with Desktop Manager (that way you can always restore from backup should anything get messed up worse.)

Then do a one-way sync from Outlook to the device and check the box to refresh/replace everything on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

See if that solves the problem. If it does then change the settings back to standard two-way sync.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iceman43c

Thanks! I will try that. One last question. Where in the desktop menu will I find the ability to do a one way sync?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You have to go into the settings for Organizer sync. There you can change it to one way.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iceman43c

Great! Thanks for your help. Cheers

Please use plain text.