Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
normwolfe
My Device: Not Specified

Editing in Desktop Manager

I read where you can download your Blackberry to your laptop or desktop and then if you wanted to open up the address book you can edit your phone list or address list, save it and then send it back to the Blackberry.  I can not get DTM to let me open it.  If it can't do it does anyone know of software that will let you edit and then send it back to the Blackberry

Thanks

Norm 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Editing in Desktop Manager

Why are you unable to open the DM? Do you have Outlook on your laptop/desktop?
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
normwolfe

I do have outlook express and I am new to doing this so now that you mentioned it I remember something about having to use outlook express to edit the address book.  I just don't know how and I have new curve 8330 coming tomorrow so maybe that will give me directions on how to open it up in outlook express. 

Thanks

Norm 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
tamrock777
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

When you get the BB download the DM disc that comes with it. Make sure you have Outlook open at the time. You should be ok with the directions but if you have any questions at all, I can help you.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
normwolfe

I appreciate the help.  I was just trying to do it with my 7130e but not successful but I down loaded ver 4.xx from BB site and loaded it without having outlook express open when I installed it.  I will delete that when the new phone comes in tomorrow and try it with the software they send me.  If I have a problem I will yell for help.

Again Thanks

Norm 

Please use plain text.