Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Email Reconciliation

To Anyone who can help me please!!!

I am new to all this and i want to do is connect my 8310 up to my laptop and get my email messages to reconcile. Mark as read my messages i have received and read and show on my laptop my sent messages, please.

Thanks Mark

Solutions: 6,115
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Email Reconciliation

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Mark, are you on a corporate BES or a personal BIS? That will happen easily on a BES.

On a BIS, you won't get those "read" reconciles and your BB-sent email. I some extreme IMAP server setups you might, but I am not even positive there.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

[ Edited ]

Mark,

First, as noted above, true reconciliation only works with BES.

That said, if you're using BIS, personal email through a service like Yahoo or Gmail, you need to understand how email works.

Email sent to you is sent to an Email server. Typically you can access this email directly through a Web interface. However, if you're using a Client lik Outlook, the email is copied down to your computer, and it's marked as Read on the server, but it's marked as Unread on your computer until you read it. Email on your computer won't be marked as Read on your computer once you've read them on your BlackBerry unless you set it up in Desktop Manager and do a wired synchronization.

HOWEVER, many services including Yahoo! Plus and Gmail now reconcile Read messages on their servers. Yahoo! Plus seems to do it automatically. I don't know about the free Yahoo email service. I just tested this with a Free Yahoo account, and you can optionally set this type of account to use Wireless Reconciliation too.  You need to set up Gmail as an IMAP client in the BIS setup to get this to work. Once properly set up, when you read an email on your BlackBerry, it's marked as Read on the server. This will not effect the read status on your computer since when your email client pulls down the email, as far as it's concerned, it's still unread!

Instructions for setting up a Gmail account with an IMAP connection can be found here:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78882

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by JerryD on 10-05-2008 10:20 AM
Jerry
New Contributor

Hi sorry to jump in but I have a new blackberry curve which is sync'ed with my comcast email....  and for some reason my emails on my computer are being marked as read even when I haven't opened them on my BB.  Any ideas on how to fix this?
New Contributor

This is probably because your comcast account is using the POP3.  Check if comcast offers an IMAP option (BIS probably would have detected this if they did).  IMAP will keep the messages from being marked as read on the server before they are actually read.
New Contributor

Related question...  I have a BB Storm 9530.  I had to wipe it to eliminate a chronic freezing problem (that part worked!). Now, when I try to delete an individual message, I'm asked "Delete message?"   On Mailbox & Handheld  or  On Handheld  or CANCEL.

There WAS a setting, I think under Email Reconciliation, that allowed me to bypass that and ALWAYS delete on HANDHELD only.

Now, under Email Reconciliation, there is a drop-down menu for the 4 email accounts I use on my BB, but no other options regardless of which account I choose.  3 are Gmail accounts (I use IMAP), and the last is a Yahoo account (POP3).

HELP??? How do I get it to stop prompting me for where to delete??  I've already taken "confirm delete" NO under Messages/General Options.

Thanks in advance!!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a new Torch 9800 and having problems with my email syncing/reconciliation.  I have a private/personal email account - POP3 - so I have to sync via the desktop manager.  But it's not working.  The calendar works sometime - one way actually.  How do I get it to work properly?  I've tick wireless reconciliation OFF but nothing.   I don't see any email setting in the desktop manager.  So now what?  How can I get it to work?

Thanks for your help.