Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Email Setup not shown

I am not connected to enterprise server but I still don;t have the Email Settup icon on my Desktop Manager? why how can I recover?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Email Setup not shown

Hello,

Please check on your BB (not in DTM) for the email setup wizard. Launch it. If it offers only Enterprise and not Personal email, then this applies to you:

• To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

If there is no on-device email setup at all, then contact your carrier for formal assistance.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

This video might help!

How to set up a personal email account on your BlackBerry smartphone BlackBerry

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

but I am not talking about the device... I am talking about the Desktop Manager Software on my PC where I can't the Email Setup icon...

what can I do?

Hall of Famer II

What version of DTM are you running? You can see from within DTM via Help > About. All 4 octets of the version number please. The current version is 5.0.1.37.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

jrahma wrote:

but I am not talking about the device... I am talking about the Desktop Manager Software on my PC where I can't the Email Setup icon...

what can I do?

Hi jrahma,

See if this helps you with what service and setup you need for your device and desktop software.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB22000 Which Desktop Manager software should be used with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Trusted Contributor

it's 5.0.0.11 so?

Hall of Famer II

So? So the first advice is therefore to upgrade to the current version. You can find downloads here:

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor

I have downloaded and installed the latest version 5.0.1.37 (Mar 10 2010) but i still don't have the email setup on my Blackberry Desktop Manager.. it only added IP Modem icon!

what can I do?

Hall of Famer II

Well, the actual name on the screen is "Email Settings"...not "Setup".I have 7 total available icons at the first level of DTM:

2474i11A35C7272EADDBF

If you don't have all of those, then perhaps whatever setting was causing it to be blocked carried through when you did the upgrade of DTM. As opposed to that, all I can next suggest is a complete and clean startover:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB
  • Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchronizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates