Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Error 1316

Hi

i am unable to uninstall BB Destop software. error 1316 c//windows/nstaller/Blackberry Destop Software.msi

Pls suggest how to uninstall. i am using windows 7.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Error 1316

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB04272"Error 1316" InstallShield error is encountered when uninstalling or upgrading the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful!

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Dear

I just wanna to uninstall bb Software. its giving an error message 1316 >>>>>>>> pls help or du u have call centor no where i can call

Hall of Famer II

Hello,

I understand what you desire...and the KB I provided has three possible reasons/resolutions...did you even try any of them?

As for a call center, there is no such thing. RIM provides no front line support. Not even these forums are formal support from RIM -- all who provide help here are other users, just like you, who volunteer some time to help other users with issues. All formal support starts with the wireless service providers. Some are better than others, so I can't tell you what to expect there.

But, honestly, please try the resolutions listed in the KB and let us know, with details, how it works out.

Thanks.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I've been trying to remove the version 4.7 software from my computer, but every time i do i get the same "error 1316. a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\blackberry desktop software.msi". Any advice on how to fix it? i already tried to re-download the program and then uninstall it, but it still wont work. I am using Windows 7. All help would be appreciated THESE RESOLUTION DOES NOT WORK InstallShield is using the installation files from the previous version of BlackBerry Desktop Software. Resolution 1 Remove the previous version of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and install the new version. Use Add/Remove Programs to remove the previous version. To remove the BlackBerry Desktop Software with Add/Remove Programs, complete the following steps: 1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. 2. Open the Control Panel and double-click Add/Remove Programs. 3. Select BlackBerry Desktop Software and click Change/Remove. 4. In the InstallShield Wizard window, click Remove and Next. 5. In the Confirm Uninstall window, click OK. 6. In the InstallShield Wizard window, click Finish. ________________________________________ Resolution 2 Rename the InstallShield folder and reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop Software. 1. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ 2. Right-click the InstallShield folder and select Rename. 3. Rename the folder InstallShield_old. 4. Install the BlackBerry Desktop Software. ________________________________________ Resolution 3 Manual removal of the BlackBerry Desktop Software might be necessary in some cases. For information on how to perform a clean uninstall, see KB02206. ________________________________________ Resolution 4 1. Download the matching version of BlackBerry Desktop Software from blackberry.com 2. Rename the file from a .exe to .zip 3. Extract the contents of the zip file to a folder on the desktop 4. Run the uninstall/install/repair of BlackBerry Desktop Software, when the Windows Installer error message shows up click Browse Navigate to the folder on the desktop and select BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi
Hall of Famer II

OK, so your entire description, responding to my request for details, is "THESE RESOLUTION DOES NOT WORK"? What, exactly, happened with each resolution attempt? Did it start but not finish? Did it give some error message? Did something else happen? Sorry, but there's no way to diagnose what you've said..the details about what exactly happened will help with the ability to diagnose.

Further, the lack of carriage returns (aka paragraphs) in your post here makes it really hard to read...so I apologize if, in that jumble of words, I missed some further details that you attempted to provide.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I've been trying to remove the version 4.7 software from my computer, but every time i do i get the same "error 1316. a network error occurred while attempting to read from the file C:\windows\installer\blackberry desktop software.msi". Any advice on how to fix it? i already tried to re-download the program and then uninstall it, but it still wont work. I am using Windows 7. All help would be appreciated

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: globe

hi y'all,

i have the same error when unistalling the software >> Error 1316.  A network error occurred while attempting to read the file C:\Windows\Installer\BlackBerry Desktop Software.msi

i've tried your recommendations but the error above keeps popping up when the unistall process is almost complete. i dont want to upgrade to the latest version as i will be giving this lappy to my brother soon.  im running on vista. 

thanks much in advanced for the help! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: verizon

I have been trying for weeks to uninstall this software.  I no longer have a Blackberry-  I keep getting the 1316 message and the uninstall rolls back. can anyone help. I am NOT installing a new version. I just want it off the computer. 

Hall of Famer II

nseebert wrote:

I have been trying for weeks to uninstall this software.  I no longer have a Blackberry-  I keep getting the 1316 message and the uninstall rolls back. can anyone help. I am NOT installing a new version. I just want it off the computer. 

hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Sooooo...not to point to the obvious...but...in post 2 of this thread, there is a link to an article that has several things to try to resolve this issue. Have you read that and tried those things?

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates