Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
irmr
My Device: 8830 v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55) & 9800 (v6.0.0.600. Platform 6.6.0.223)
Accepted Solution

!!! Error 507 !!!

[ Edited ]

I was managing apps on my Torch via Desktop Manager, and during the proccess my computer went into "Battery Stretch" causing my phone to give the Message "Error 507" does anyone know how to fix this?

I already tried to update the Devise software but was not able to.

My Desktop Manager is  v.7.1.0.32

:Helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance

This problem is solved, I found the search bar for this site and found out that my question was already answered by

sdgardne

sdgardne

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: !!! Error 507 !!!

Hello,

A 507 means that there is no OS on your BB at all, and is often a normal result on the BB during a Desktop Software BB OS update. The thing to do, at that point, is to simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
irmr
My Device: 8830 v4.5.0.175 (Platform 3.4.0.55) & 9800 (v6.0.0.600. Platform 6.6.0.223)

I did that, but I still had problems, what I found that worked for me was an article you had written some time ago replying to someone else's problem, in that article you mentioned removing the battery and connecting the USB that way, only inserting the battery when it says "waiting for device to initialize" I followed the instructions you gave there, and it worked, I wanted to mark the problem solved but didn't know how to since I got the answer from you on another thread.

Thanks a lot!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are most welcome...we would likely have gotten to that point in this thread, but it's always fastest for you to search for answers rather than awaiting a reply...so many questions have been answered so many times already.

Good luck!

PS -- I've gone ahead and marked this thread as solved...it's not critical which post receives the solution marking.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code