Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
lawhelp
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Error Code 0x8386003e CONTACTS not syncing with Outlook

Good Day, Sir Bifocals!

It's all clear as mud after two reads online, but I've printed everything to check out later ...

I do not understand:

I would seriously think about getting some new friends to go with the new device!

Anyway, THANK YOU very much for all of your efforts and help!!!

I wish you & yours a MERRY CHRISTMAS and many superb New YearS to come,

Sincerely,

Ted

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

lawhelp wrote:

Good Day, Sir Bifocals!

It's all clear as mud after two reads online, but I've printed everything to check out later ...

I do not understand:

I would seriously think about getting some new friends to go with the new device!

Bad Bifocals joke i.e. rather than fix the contacts just get a new phone and meet new friends.

Anyway, THANK YOU very much for all of your efforts and help!!!

I wish you & yours a MERRY CHRISTMAS and many superb New YearS to come,

Sincerely,

Ted

A Very Merry and safe Christmas to you and yours as well.

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
DannyMacCuse
My Device: TORCH 9850

Dear BiFocals:

ERROR: 0x8386003e

I'm Dan McMaster in Syracuse, NY.

Details of software:

1. M-S OUTLOOK 2003| 11.8330.8341) SP3
  2. BB DeskTop v. 6.1.0.36
  3. TORCH 9850
    1. v 7.1 Bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163) Platform 5.1.0.137)
    2. Verizon Wireless
  4. WIN 7 64 BIT

CURRENT PROBLEM:

1. Unable to sync NEW Address Book contacts originating on the BB device.

ORIGIN of PROBLEM:

1. In attempting to maintain two (2) address books on the 9850 and in OUTLOOK, I set up a secondary address book in OUTLOOK to contain the GMAIL addresses.
    1. I performed the duly prescribed steps on the device to designate the GMAIL account as the CONTACTS sync.  (per Advanced System Settings\Default Services\SYNC).
    2. In DT Manager, (Configure Settings\ADVANCED\Folder Mapping) I would designate the secondary folder in lieu of the “standard” OUTLOOK mail folder.
    3. I made a mistake, on the OUTLOOK side and attempted to MOVE the secondary folder to a different place in the OUTLOOK ‘directory tree’. 

i.      The next time I tried to SYNC, it threw an error: 0x83860060.  The result was that all OUTLOOK folders in the FOLDER MAPPING box disappeared.

ii.      You’ll recall that this is the same scenario described in this section.

1. I’ve stepped through the other KB directive on sync problems by removing all photos, making sure that the first e-mail box is filled and not a blank that precedes the first e-mail address.
  2. The only that works is to enter the contacts into OUTLOOK, delete them on the device, and then perform the SYNC.
  3. I tried to open the KB article on Advanced Log but nothing appears to work about Knowledge Base as of 13:08 EDT, 2012/04/01.  I’m in New York State; http://na.blackberry.com works, but the link to KB does not.  I recall trying this once before, but the log made no sense to me and I was unable to find any guides for its’ interpretation.

This issue is making me crazy.  Can you assist or should I force Verizon to contact the RIM help desk for support?

Yours sincerely,

Dan

New Contributor
DannyMacCuse
My Device: TORCH 9850

I forgot to add what other steps I've taken:

1. I've deleted and then reinstalled OUTLOOK from my original software CD.
  2. I've deleted then reinstalled BB Desktop with a fresh download.