Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

CBR
Contributor
CBR
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Error Encountered While Syncing ZERO

Whenever I synch my BB 9900 to my MacBook, running Mountain Lion (10.8.2) I receive an error message stating, "Error encountered while syncing ZERO" during the task sync phase. I do not use tasks in Entourage or with any Mac operating system provided tool (can't even find one, as I think about it). It doesn't appear to effect the other components of the sync process in most cases; however, it has put me into a 'do-loop' once or twice. 

Has anyone else experienced this and do you know how to 'cure' it?

Thanks in advance,

CBR

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: Error Encountered While Syncing ZERO

Have you tried, @BlackBerryHelp via Twitter?   

Other people have had a silimer problem such as yours. 

Delete the Social Feeds database - here is how: KB10167-How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone then try to update the device again. ^RG

Check the link and see if's any help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/mac-users-f62/backup-not-completed-disconnected-672975/

CBR
Contributor
CBR

Followed the instructions - backed up my 9900. Deleted the Tasks on the 9900. RE-synced. Perfect!

Thanks!

CBR

Trusted Contributor
billbuck0
My Device: Rotary Phone

No problem my friend.....anytime!  :Rockon:

New Contributor
GMc17000
My Device: Bold 9900

I've been having the same infuriating problem for months. My BB Bold wouldn't sync with my MacBook Pro. I got the infamous "Error encountered while syncing ZERO" message.

With help from the RIM support people, I have a work-around, if you still have a previous BB Desktop version in your Downloads folder.

Back up your BlackBerry.

Delete your Desktop software.

Look in your Downloads file for a previous version of the Desktop software. Mine was V2.3.0

Install the older version, first using the "Uninstall" button to get rid of the newer one.

Once the old version was installed, everything started syncing again. Hopefully RIM will come up with a fix soon!

CBR
Contributor
CBR

Hi:

Thanks for the tip. I've found that I can get rid of the issue if I delete the erroneous tasks that have sonehow built up on  my BB. Do this after backing up, of course. The other good thing to have would be two-way synch with BB and Mac 10.8.2. Are you able to achieve that with the older version of the Desktop software?

Chris

New Contributor
GMc17000
My Device: Bold 9900

Hi Chris,

My first step was to delete tasks, social media info and most of my contact list. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the current Desktop Manager. No luck. The older version of the software has the two-way sync running again.

New Contributor
dgdrummin
My Device: Q10

I had the same problem and had to delete the Facebook "CICAL" in my service book. Then the sync worked.
New Contributor
dgdrummin
My Device: Q10

My problem came back. Then I found that my BB settings for for the calendar was the culprit. It was the "keep appointments" setting. I changed it from "90 days" to "forever" and I haven't had a problem since.