Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Error code 39 lost DVD drive after installing blackberry desktop software

can anyone help with this, after in installed the software that came with my 8350 curve and rebooted my dvd drive was gone.  in device manager it was remarked (!) stating error code 39 which is a problem with the drivers.  anyone had this happen and if so, how did you take care of it?  i did try uninstalling the software and had to download it to re-install because the dvd drive was not working, same results.  is there a fix from blackberry on this.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Error code 39 lost DVD drive after installing blackberry desktop software

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is a great post on drive lettering from MrFritz99.  See if this address's your problem.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

as it turns out, i gave the uninstall and the reinstall of the downloaded software one more try and it worked; my dvd drives are back and usable.  from what i found out on the web, the media software that they use can at times do exactly what it did if not installed right or sometimes it does it for no reason.  i think they use roxio software for the media portion of their software.  it (roxio or whatever brand they have intergrated) is know in the standalone versions to cause this problem.  thank you for your help my pc is working fine now and my phone works great!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Cool!

Glad it's working.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

I have the same problem. AFter I did the media sync, I lost my E: drive letter for my cd drive on my Dell Vostro Computer. I have tried the "fix it" from Microsoft, and have called Dell technical support, and they said I would have to redo my operating system, because the Blackberry software messed up my registry. I don't think I really need to do this....where is the "fix" you were talking about in your post? I haven't been able to use my cd drive for over a month, and this is my business computer, please help someone.

Anna Plummer