Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Error during sync set-up

I am using the Bacbkberry desktop 5.0.0.11 with Outlook 2007  12.0.4518.1214 Vista Home premium 6.0 SP 2.

While trying to configure the Desktop manager with outlook, I get the following message: Folder is no longer part of the system data source or the folder could not be found.. I am completely stuck.. Thanks for your help.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Error during sync set-up

Take a look at this KB article to see if the solutions help

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15812

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Tks for your reply. I have read this and do not even understand the first line.: Check that the BlackBerry smartphone user has data in the .pst file or the Microsoft Exchange mailbox. I have unistalled the DM and reinstted it.. Same problem.. Any chances you could explain to me what does this first line means? Thanks

Highlighted
Elite I

Is that computer your personal one or one from work?

In Outlook if you go into Tools | Account Settings, look on the Email tab. What does it list as your default email account?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

I am using Outlook on my personal computer.
Under the E mail tab,  my Hotmail address is single-listed with MAPI  (in bracket: send from this account as standard type). Under the data arquive tabs, I find three accounts listed. The first listing my hotmail account, with an unavailable arquive name and defined as "standard-main",the second with the same hotmail account with a *.pst arquive name and the third with the Folder dead arquives folder listed as a *\user\*\Appdata\local\Microdsoft\outlook.
If I try to define the second accound as the main one, I get a message telling me it will alter where the data will be registered and these alterations will occur after restarting..
Soory about being so obscure but I am counting on your help.. Thanks..
Elite I

I believe that's what you want to do, to make the second Hotmail account the default, since that is the PST file. In the KB article is was saying that Outlook's default delivery location had to be either a PST file or an Exchange Server.

Doing so will make all emails go into the Inbox under that Hotmail account in Outlook. So after the change is made, just close and reopen Outlook.