05-09-2013 02:33 PM
Just solved an issue that plagued me for a few days... I've seen a number of messages and no solution, so I hope this message will be of use to some people !
The symptoms are the following :
- Synching calendar fails with a popup "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id",
- Same error with my Curve 9320 and my wife's Bold 9900, synched to the same Outlook calendar,
- No way to get synch pass with normal GUI manips (bidir/unidir/clear/select/fields/folders/etc...).
I had scratched my Outlook Calendar data, so I HAD to synch from one of the BBs, which held my only reference data. Further, from 4 day the issue is here, data in the BBs have forked. But that last point can be solved by re-entering some appointments by hand.
Initially I ran BB Desktop 22.214.171.124 and tried update to 126.96.36.199 to no avail. I've also seen a number of posts telling to totally reinstall BB Desktop and even often BB Device Driver. I've tried even that, also to no avail.
Finally, what I discovered is the following :
- The error is caused by an issue on serial appointments coding,
- It seems to occur only on older data that have been synched with previous versions of BB Desktop,
- I've devised a procedure for finding and fixing the faulty elements.
The procedure is the following :
- In Outlook, open and Advanced Search on the Calendar,
- Try to synchronize from BB to Outlook, cleaning Outlook first with the BB GUI option,
- The appointments gradually appear when synch takes place,
- When the synch fails, sort the Advanced Search results by "Creation Date" and look at the latest created,
- Find it on the BB's Calendar, it will surely be a serial appointment,
- What I've observed is that, the 1st occurence synchs OK, the second fails and crashes the synch,
- Change the restore some serial parameters on BB, and save, this will replace the faulty occurences,
- Re-synch and repeat until there is no more error.
This way, I finally synched Outlook with my BB. Now I'm trying to synch my wife's, for she has modified some appointments in the meantime.
11-16-2013 05:18 PM
This worked great, thanks!
And a poke in the eye and a raspberry to BlackBerry for ignoring this problem for nearly two years since I (and countless others) first encountered it, with the updated DTM 6.0. The bulletin provided by the so-called volunteers (actually BlackBerry employees posing as such, identified by their astronomical post count) such as sdgardne who posted
KB33247"CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing Calendar with BlackBerry Desktop Software
TOTALLY a waste of time, as it provides this message:
"This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."
Since I sync my Bold 9900 to both my lap top and desktop, and I ONLY had the problem with the desktop sync, which was clearly created by a corrupted record on my Bold, it is apparent that the sync process somehow corrupted the calender item in the first place. Countless suggestions by BB folks of wiping Outlook data bases and installing "clean" installs of DTM was a total waste of countless hours.
This is classic BlackBerry (and RIM back then) behavior. Roll out software and OS updates without properly de-bugging them, ignore defects identified by customers, and then hope that the next update somehow solves the issue.
12-14-2013 12:13 PM
This looks like the solution to my problems but could you tell me what the BB GUI option is.
Thanks in advance.
12-14-2013 12:39 PM
I just opened Outlook Calendar in All Appointments view and synced as you describe. It took a few moments to find the two offending appointments and delete them on my BB. I still don't know what BB GUI is but I didn't need it.