Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Error while syncing up contacts with outlook

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to sync up my address book with outlook :

A program error occured at line 1548 in .\OIAccess.cpp

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mukund

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Error while syncing up contacts with outlook

Hi mukundgarg70,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

This KB article provides more information on the synchronization error "A program error occured at line 1548 in .\OIAccess.cpp" you are receiving. "Contacts with no modified date cause the sync to fail with an error message in BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/ScP0vb

The steps in the workaround field should help you synchronize your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone Address Book successfully.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same error and I quote:  "A program error occurred at line 1548 in .\OIAccess.cp. Please report this error by sending a log to technical support."

I fixed my contacts list as directed by ensuring all contacts had a modified date.  The error is still there.  As a result, some appointments do not get sync'd and I also missed an important appointment as a result.  This needs to be fixed ASAP please.

v/r

Dadatar

Highlighted
A2S
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue without a work-around? I managed to speak to BB/RIM via O2 yesterday but they couldn't help and ended by saying it's a PC issue???

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Universal Business Team UBT

Can anyone provide suggestions for resolving the .\OIAccess issue when syncing a Z10.

I have tried uninstalling the blackberry software, doing a factory reset on the phone, cleaning the registry, making a new Outlook profile, switching to IMAP accounts, exporting the contacts and calendar – cleaning and re-importing etc and I’m still getting the same message.Smiley Mad

Please can you advise what else I can do as I now have a Z10 with no contacts, calendar or anything.