Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

BTC
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Exchange ActiveSync for a BlackBerry Smartphone device.

I work for a LARGE software company in Redmond, WA that is not terribly BlackBerry friendly.  I would like to purchase a Pearl 8120 and have it sync with my work email (Exchange server).

Is there a way to configure a BlackBerry device to use Exchange ActiveSync so I can use it for corporate email?

The only support doc I can find that mentions EAS is as follows (near the bottom of the doc)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04156&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

It discusses a conflict with using a BES wireless signal (which I don't want) and an EAS signal (which I do want).

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

New Contributor

Re: Exchange ActiveSync for a BlackBerry Smartphone device.

Hi,

There is now a solution that will let you ActiveSync your Blackberry against your exchange server. It is called NotifySync. You can find more about it by looking at http://www.NotifySync.co.uk/ The best thing of all is that you dont need a BES server or a BES data plan so this can work out much more cost effective than the traditional BES based solution and you keep all your important features.

Best Wishes

Jamie

Contributor

What is the cost for NotifySync - they let you download a free triel but nowhere on the sitte do they have a price? I don't want to have to give them all of my information to download a free trial only to find out later that it's really expensive. 
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

m00nbeast wrote:
What is the cost for NotifySync - they let you download a free triel but nowhere on the sitte do they have a price? I don't want to have to give them all of my information to download a free trial only to find out later that it's really expensive. 

on the top left of their website, there is a hotline phone number. Just call them !

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

But that makes too much sense!!!! 

=oP 

New Contributor

Why does it have to wipe out your calendar and contacts to install?
My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verison

Hello

Cost  for NotifySync is based on Tier pricing. 2-24 users, however they can negoitate.

1st year License and Maintenance is $100.00 user

Subsequent years you pay only for maintenance @ $25.00 user. What you get is maintenance, Live tech support upgrades and updates. Based on the above pricing on a 3 year plan is $150.00

My Device: Blackberry Storm
My Carrier: Verison

with the NotifySync latest version 4.7no longer wipes information from device unless you choose to.

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: ATT

I found a different solution called AstraSync ($49/year).

Check out this webpage to read more:  http://www.stricklandnetworks.com/blog/2010/08/17/AstraSync.xhtml

Contributor

If you like free, you can always use your bb browser to your OWA. :smileytongue: