Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Folder Redirection (resync old items?)

I've got an End-User who has some Rules/Filters set up in Outlook so that messages coming from JohnDoe@Somewhere.com would be automatically filed into an Inbox subfolder named "John Doe".  The user complained that these emails were not showing up on their Blackberry Handheld.  So I showed them how to select folders through Desktop manager under Email Settings -> Advanced tab -> Choose Folders... .

Now, they want to know if there is a way to get it to go back and re-sychronize those folders so that old messages in those folders will appear on the Blackberry.

Is this possible?

I haven't found a way to do it...and I don't think this is a function that can be done, because message redirection is based on when new messages are recieved in your inbox, right?

P.S. this is in a BES 4.1 environment.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Folder Redirection (resync old items?)

Sorry, the answer is no.  The BES server only synchs mail as it arrives, the only time it will pick up exisiting mail is during an activation.  Best way to get this mail on their BB is to forward it to themselves so that it "arrives" again as a new message.
posted by DigitalFrog

you could always treat it like a new device and reprovision it.  That is wipe the device and then reassign it to the user.  That's how I would tackle this issue.

...that said, I think it's silly that there isn't an option to force a full sync from the server!