Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Mobile by Sainsbury's

Good News

RIM have substituted V6.1 multilanguage for V7 on their website. 

I use Windows 7 and have managed to configure my Desktop Manager successfully. The process is as follows:

*Did a clean uninstall of faulty DM version 7 via  Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, remove your current BlackBerry Desktop Software. Nb - select option to remove all existing settings. Also remember to uninstall all associated blackberry desktop software e.g. Automatic update tool, apps world.

*Reboot the pc

*Upon start, first did a system clean up via start/programs/accessories/system tools, to get rid of old registry files

*Reinstalled DM v6.1  via the RIM website (https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...)

*the software successfully installed but my organiser synchronisation config did not recognise my microsoft outlook. To resolve this, I poped in my Outlook 2010 CD / click setup and selected the option for 'Repair'

*Upon completion of outlook repair, opened the DM and I was able to configure synchronisation with Outlook calender, contacts, notes etc..

Hope this is useful for someone.

PS; I have now disabled the option for authomatic DM updates. I hate to go through what I have experienced in the last 3 days.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Re: Good News

Hi,

Did the repair of Outlook result in you losing any emails in the inbox or folders.  I definately could not afford that to happen.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: Mobile by Sainsbury's

No all my emails and folders were intact.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Many thanks- your guidance resolved a frustrating and unnecessary situation (with no help from RIM!)