Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
lishai
My Device: 9700

HELP!! My iMac won't identify my BB 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I really need your help with this one...

The problem: My iMac won't idetify/connect to my BB.

Background: I used to work with Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync iCal, address book but since I installed Office 2008 for Mac (which includes Microsoft Entourage) - it stopped recognizing my device (the Device menu on BDM is disable/grey). I didn't try to sync with Entourage.

I'm using: Blackberry Desktop Manager 1.0.4 (latest) and Mac OS X 10.6.4

I've tried the following but the device still won't connect:

• remove/re-install Microsoft Entourage
  • sync with different BB device
  • sync with Pocket Mac for BB

The BB cable works - it is charging the device.

It seems like a problem with the Mac OS. I'd appreciate your ideas to finally solve it.

Lior

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: HELP!! My iMac won't identify my BB 9700

Hi Lishai and welcome to the forums!

I listed two links for you to review.

First one for connectivity between the MAC OS and the device.

Second regarding sync connectivity with the MAC database.

Let us know how it goes

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB19728

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager is unable to detect the BlackBerry smartphone when the Mac computer is booted into Mac OS X 10.6 64-bit mode.

KB19454

"The <organizer application> database cannot not be accessed for synchronization."

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
lishai
My Device: 9700

Thanks for the response but although I changed it to 32bit it still won't connect to the BB.

Contributor
lancejackson
My Device: Bold 9000

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 and an iMac running 10.6.4 with the latest Blackberry Desktop for Mac (v1.0.4 build 10) that just came out August 2010 and it will NOT allow me to update the handheld software either.  It is for a different reason. It says I don't have enough memory on my handheld, but that does not make any sense since I have totally wiped my handheld.

Is RIM every going to figure this software out??  Years in the making and they still can't get a functioning software app for the Mac !

-----------------------------------------------
Lance
jayney04
My Device: Curve 92300

HELP ME PLEASE!

I just recently purchased a Curve 9300 to replace my horrible Storm 2. I have a macbook pro Mac OS X 10.6.5, and my desktop manager will NOT recognize either device. I've followed all the instructions I can find, I've deleted the software a few times, rebooted the phone, taken out the battery etc . My computer recognizes the phone but bbdtm doesn't.  I have my storm backed up onto my computer from Dec. 21 so if anyone knows how to just move the backup file from my mac onto my new phone using the icon on the desktop that would also work? Please help me! Thanks.