Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
bilko123
My Device: Curve 8900
Accepted Solution

HELP! how can I download video/stills onto mac version 10.4?

I've got 3 macs - all 10.4... Blackberry Desktop Manager only caters to version 10.5... does anyone have a solution?  I have copious images / video shorts which i need to download & edit!  Thanks!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: HELP! how can I download video/stills onto mac version 10.4?

You should be able to connect via USB with Mass Storage Mode enabled on your Media Card and simply move the media files from the device to the Mac.

1. Go to Options >> Media Card

(some themes or BlackBerrys may call this "Settings >> Media Card")

2. Check the following settings (if they are not listed this way, then change to reflect the following:

a) Media Card Support: On

b] Mass Storage Mode Support: On

c) Auto Enable Mass Storage: Yes

3. Save the settings and exit

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bilko123
My Device: Curve 8900

Thanks - this works.  What a relief.  Go to Options / Memory, then set commands as guided by JL.  However if you've got a lot of images / videos be prepared for system to keep crashing.  I had over 100 short vids - average one minute each, and the phone crashed about 8-10 times during downloads.  Nothing for it but to simply yank out USB and start process again each time.  Thankfully nothing lost. 

palmjzarr
My Device: storm

HI, i am very thankful to your notes above, i have downloaded blackberry desktop manager and went to options and changed the commands you set forth ... Now when i plug my blackberry storm into the mac  it does do back up or sync BUT  i never see my videos or still pictures transferring.  I really just want to transfer my pics and vids to my computer and then delete them from the storm, what am i forgetting to do?

i have a feeling its something to do with my media card too... should i have pics/ video save to device or media card?  

i used to be able to email myself my vids from my storm and now it always tells me the video is unable to be sent via email.  the other funny thing is that the desktop manager shows music icon thingie but no icon thingie for vids or pics...so somethinging tthere is not registering either!  Any help would be appreciated! thank you   jocelyn