Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
leach542
My Device: Not Specified

Re: HOWTO : use your blackberry as a USB device

My USB port is fine. When I first plugged in the bbb after I installed the drivers the computer recognized the bbb. However, I never received the prompt from the bbb to allow it to go into the mass media device mode. When I go into Msoft Explorer I don't see anything regarding the bbb. I know the USB port is OK because I am able to connect other devices to them and they work perfectly.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

can you write down your settings on your device for the media card?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leach542

Media Card Support: on

Encryption Mode:None

Mass Storage Mode support

when connected: Prompt

Application Memory

Free Space              33.2MB

Device Memory

Total Space:  859.2

Free space:  804.8 MB

Media Card

Total space:    7.3 GB

Free Space:   7.3 GB

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

when you plug the device on your computer, what happens ? is there a yellow sin with an exclamation mark ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leach542

The computer read new device found bb. Then another yellow msg box pops up saying now ready for use or something like that. This occurred after the first time I installed the drivers. Now when I plug in the device I hear the chime sound that the computer makes when something new has been found but I do not receive a prompt from the computer either other than the sound that it makes.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

install the drivers again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wlamb

did all that, device not recognized by my computer
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

so what happens? do you have the yellow exclamation point near the Windows clock?

Please use plain text.
bauton

Hello, I have a similar problem.  I have a curve 8310 with an 8GB media card that has 6.3GB memory available.  I downloaded the software and followed the instructions listed on page 1 of this thread.  I have a digital copy of a movie (167MB) nd I dragged it into my video folder on my media card.  The movie loads onto my card and shows up in "my videos".  When I click the movie to play on the blackberry, I get the following error message: The media being played is of an unsupported format.

When in My Computer, I'm able to play the movie from the blackberry on my PC using the USB cable.

The video file is in a .wma format at this time. 

Is it possible to download movies of this type and play them on my blackberry?  Do I need to change the format type of the file before playing?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

bauton wrote:

Hello, I have a similar problem.  I have a curve 8310 with an 8GB media card that has 6.3GB memory available.  I downloaded the software and followed the instructions listed on page 1 of this thread.  I have a digital copy of a movie (167MB) nd I dragged it into my video folder on my media card.  The movie loads onto my card and shows up in "my videos".

Hello and welcome to this forum.

I'm stopping you right now because since this works, you don't have an issue with using your BlackBerry as a USB device.
You indeed have a problem with the codec in your video, but this is off-topic. Please search the forum for previous discussions about the media files, or open a new discussion.

Please use plain text.