Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
ocrealtor
My Device: Not Specified

Has Anybody from Blackberry acknowledged Syncing Issues?

I've been going through the posts but I don't see any acknowledgment from BB that there is a syncing issue. My DM is syncing Address Book, tasks and memo fine but unable to sync iCal.

BB, please let us know that you are aware of the problem and hopefully working on the problem.

Verizon BB Tour v.5.0.0.591

DM 1.0.3 (Build 16)

MacBook Pro 10.6.3

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nigeyp
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Has Anybody from Blackberry acknowledged Syncing Issues?

If you are having problems syncing your BB with ical THERE IS A FIX!!  I had this problem and it was driving me crazy!

It's an old fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade, but it worked like a charm!  On your Mac...

1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
  2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
  3. Empty the Trash Bin.
  4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

when you restart your desktop manager and go to sync your information make sure you MERGE data since your ical has been cleared out!  OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE EVEYTHING FROM YOUR BB!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ocrealtor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Has Anybody from Blackberry acknowledged Syncing Issues?

[ Edited ]

nigepy,

Thanks for the post. The fix you mention, I believe, are for people where their iCal was cleared and need to sync with their BB to get their iCal populated.

My problem is DM will connect and sync address book, tasks and memo just fine but will not sync iCal. When I try to sync iCal, after about 20 minutes, DM will "unexpectedly close" or fail to respond. In order to not alter my iCal, I am overwriting BB with iCal.

The other problem I am having is every time I connect BB and start DM, I am getting the welcome screen and having to re-enter the device name.

Can ANYBODY help me with this? Please!

Also, has anybody found a fix for the appointment notification not transferring over from iCal? Appointment set as "Message with Sound" on iCal, but BB is quite and no vibrate.

BTW - I did try the mentioned fix, rebooted DM, MBP and BB, cleared iSync. Nothing worked.

BTW2 - I have been using DM since it came out with no problems, just recently happened.

Please use plain text.