Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Has anyone had any consistent success using DTM for Mac's??????

If you did - share how.

I have read for hours, tried so many things and still no success. Once in a blue moon - maybe.

I love my Storm, but at times when DTM deletes all my info - it may end up in the trash.

I'm looking for a simple straight forward way to get this to work.

All I need to sync is iCal.

If Verizon had the iphone - I would switch in a minute - I bet that would sync without issue.

Bryan

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

Re: Has anyone had any consistent success using DTM for Mac's??????

mine works every time.  i have tried to provide advice, but it is complex.  first it has to be installed correctly on a mac that is "ready" to load it (like no other third party sync software).  then there are so many possibilities for conflict with other software, poor installation, moving files that shouldn't be moved...virtually impossible to solve via the net...but I keep trying...LOL

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Statman - 

I have a Dell Axim that I was syncing with my Mac using markspace missing sync.

The software is still installed - I gave up trying to get that one to work as well.

Could that be the issue/conflict?

Bryan

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

Yes,  you must entirely remove all third party sync software BEFORE even installing dm....

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I also had Missing Sync on my Mac, but I uninstalled it before installing BB DM for Mac. When BB DM 1.0.2 came out, the old DM uninstaller failed, so I used a 3rd party app to uninstall it before installing the update.

I was able to successfully update the BB OS using the first version of DM for Mac.

Nevertheless, I've had extremely frustrating problems. (iCal events duplicated, items created or changed on BB not getting synced, calendar items and memos erased during sync, etc.)

I have BusySync installed so that iCal syncs with Google Calendar. Would that cause a problem? If so, then BB DM for Mac is absolutely unusable for my purposes.

Thanks,

Patrick