Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Help, Can't install desktop software.

So I have read several good threads, none of which have worked.  I have a user who go a new computer.  I transfer his domain user profile from the old computer to the new one.  I downloaded the newest version of desktop software and install, after install it comes up with blackberry8530.msi not found, it is looking in some temp folder in the.  Tried uninstalling per the directions for complete uninstall. Try to reinstall, no luck, same thing.  Then i tried to download the 8530 device software from verizon, so i do that, durring the install, i can see it extracting blackberry8530.msi, but then i says, cant find blackberry 8530.msi.  So i use 7zip to extract the exe, no blackberry8530.msi.  Not sure what else to do.

Thanks, Ryan

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Help, Can't install desktop software.

Hey grndzr0,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To resolve this issue, I would suggest you look at this KB Article since it will explain where that BlackBerry8530.msi is located.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12126

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Curve 85302
My Carrier: Boostmobile

Re: Help, Can't install desktop software.

i am also having this problem....tried to click on the link above & it cudnt b found either, please help