Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Help Please! My contacts list wont sync.

Hi i have to blackberrys both curve and i wanted to change to the second one but when i tried sending the contacs to microsoft outlook to transfer to the second blackberry and also save it on my destop but instead it cut the contacs in half and put the same contacts list name for both and one of them cant sync and i have tried various things like backing up deleting and installing again but nothing is working because i cant back up what cant get recognized to get syncronized any ideads?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help Please! My contacts list wont sync.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It's a bit difficult to understand your situation...lacking any punctuation (save for the ? at the end), parsing your post into useful information is difficult. I think that you are trying to switch from one device to a new one, and are having some difficulties with the Contact List -- exactly what those difficulties are, I'm not quite able to understand from your post.

The simplest method to switch devices is via the Device Switch Wizard:

• KB23677 How to switch devices using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Beyond that, if you are having trouble with only the Contacts, and are using one method, then perhaps trying another method might be useful. I think you are trying to use backup/restore, but then you also say "synchronized", which is a different function, so I'm really unclear as to what method you are using and what issues you are having. Nevertheless, here's another method you could attempt:

• KB24488 How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

Otherwise, please do try to post again, but try please to use sentence structure and punctuation so that we can have a chance to understand your situation. Understanding your situation is, as with all communications, the first step in being able to help you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I apologize for the grammar and spelling mistakes I was in a hurry, anyways my problem is as follows: I have 2 contact lists in my blackberry contacts option but I cant sync both of them with outlook only one of the contact lists can sync. How can I change the 2nd contact lists options to sync?

I hope this is simpler to understand Smiley Happy
Hall of Famer II

There are multiple different KBs that may deal with situations similar to yours; I recommend you attempt searching the KB database, using a variety of search terms (e.g., "duplicate contact lists", "merge contact lists", etc.) to see if you can find a KB that addresses your specific situation:

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you!
Hall of Famer II

You are welcome.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates