Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
nell
My Device: Not Specified

Hotmail calendar sync using outlook error

Have a hotmail account configured in Outlook 2010. Have configured DM 7.0 to sync contacts and calendars but no joy. I get the following errors for contacts / calendar respectively:

"COLTransBase::FillDefFolderInfo: Unable to get default folder for Contacts"

"COLTransBase::FillDefFolderInfo: Unable to get default folder for Calendar"

Pretty sure this is to do with the Hotmail account configuration in Outlook but the calendar and contacts entires are visible in Outlook so in theory should sync?

Grateful for any assistance!

Nell

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
colinlewissmith
My Device: torch 9800

Re: Hotmail calendar sync using outlook error

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issue. Completely uninstalled\reinstalled DM 7, didnt help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AvaDog
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Me too! Also get the same message when I try to sync tasks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
colinlewissmith

I do not have a PST, or personal folders. Only MAPI to hotmail account. 

I notice the new software version does not allow to configure multiple calenders and contact lists. It only allows for selection of OUTLOOK, or WINDOWS in the

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
colinlewissmith

[ Edited ]

This issue is definitely related to NOT having a PST. (the hotmail connector uses an OST file). The new Blackberry sync does not appear to support an Outlook configuration where the default data file is the Hotmail OST. If I do not have a second data file attached to Outlook I get the errors indicated in the original post.

I added another data file (PST) to Outlook. The newly added PST creates a new calendar and contact folder. These become the defaults Calendar\Contacts folders.

Blackberry sync V7 now works! Sort of......

It syncs to the default Contacts and Calendars contained in the PST, and does NOT sync with the Contacts\Calendar contained in your desired hotmail file (OST). Contacts\Appointments will not get synced up to your hotmail account. 

The previous version of desktop manager had a configuration wizard that allowed for selection of a specific Outlook Contact \ Calendar to sync with. It allowed you to browse to the hotmail calendar\contacts to sync to the blackberry. Version 7 does not have this feature. Version 7 syncs to the default folders. HUGE design oversight. 

I did a complete unintall of V7, reinstall V6 of the desktop manager, setup a PST file, and all is working again. 

This is the config magic that is in V6, that appears to be missing in V7:  http://ow.ly/i/sJfr

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nell
My Device: Not Specified

Very interesting. Quite unbelieveable that this has been omitted? I'll try a DM v6 install and report back. Are previous versions of the DM available to download do you know?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
colinlewissmith

I put a copy of DM6 here: download

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjsnow
My Device: 9900

It seems to me that RIM software engineers should be part of this discussion, not only reading the suggestions, but also providing links to old versions for the temp situation and providing an updated version that does not freeze/hang. Are there any RIM engineers reading this?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MFortGarry
My Device: Bold 9900

Thank you!! I have spent HOURS trying to find some response SOMEWHERE and yours is the only one that has given me an explanation that makes sense.  Thanks also for the download link to the older version of DM, tried unsuccessfully to find it on the RIM website!  Now if my Unistall process of Version 7 didn't give me a "1316" error!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
colinlewissmith

[ Edited ]

This is the list of known issues in the last relelase 7.0 Build 44: http://tinyurl.com/7y2tls4  taken from the release notes here 

The bug being discussed in this thread is not indicated in the Known Issues. I am unable to locate on RIM's site either:

1) a mechanism for submitting suspected bugs (I am more than willing to craft detailed documentation with screenshots, installation flow, config settings etc)

2) any transparent communication around bug fixes. Example: "high prioirty to be addressed in build xxx, expected release date dd/mm" , or "low prioirty, to be addressed in future builds"

Please use plain text.