Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
Apostata
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: How Do You Update Your BlackBerry (without Windows)?

Biff - I'm aware of PocketMac (I use it!), and it works well enough with the Bold. I just find it disappointing that RIM can't develop a front-end for installing BB updates on Mac (and there has been at least one update released since I purchased my Bold).

It's one thing if I were, say, requesting Linux support, but it's not like Mac is an obscure OS. Yes, I suppose I can find someone with a Windows computer (somewhere...I don't hate Windows, it's just that very few people in design/media use it) and kindly ask if I can borrow it for 10 minutes. But considering the R&D and investment RIM made in rolling out their new smartphones, you'd think they would've given more thought to the software. 

Regular Contributor
Biff
My Device: Not Specified

I don't disagree - you are preaching to the choir in fact. RIM is apparently finally catching up and developing a Mac based Desktop Manager for early 2009 from what I've seen on here and other forums.
Contributor
Apostata
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for the confirmation, Biff - I can't remember where I'd read it but it's good to hear that there's an OSX solution on the horizon. I'm hoping RIM will be a little more transparent about the software's development - I'd certainly be a Beta tester if they were looking for candidates.