Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
BMDiaz
My Device: Not Specified

How does the desktop redirection works?

Hi there,

I'm new with blackberries and I wonder how can I get my emails using the desktop redirection. I will appreciate if any of you can explain it to me.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
metroberry
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

Re: How does the desktop redirection works?

[ Edited ]

My suggestion is to uninstall the current version of desktop manager that you have.  Then install the latest version of desktop manager.  When you go through the set up, you will see a window with two options, one for "Enterprise Server and Redirector setup" and one "for Blackberry Internet Service" Check the checkbox that says "Enterprise Server and Redirector setup" next to it.  Then follow through with the rest of the set up.

Redirector simulates Blackberry Enterprise server.  With Redirector you have to have a connection to the internet 24 /7.  Your computer has to be turned on 24/7, you have to disable hibernate / standby mode. The Redirector application ALWAYS has to be running on your computer as well.  Redirector allows you to wirelessly synchronize your device with Outlook on your computer via the cell network.  Any changes you make on your blackberry to contacts, calender, memos, and tasks will be synchronized wirelessly with Outlook on your computer and vice versa, it is bidrectional synchronization.  

However, if this is a company phone, and your company has Blackberry Enterprise Server I would strongly suggest you talk to your IT department and get set up with BES.  It is really secure and provides encryption.  Here is a document on BES features:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/server/exchange/#tab_tab_features

Message Edited by metroberry on 04-23-2008 11:59 AM
Please use plain text.