Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
Accepted Solution

How to delete 'default calendar' with Desktop for Mac?

Hi everyone

I'm a BB newbie and have tried to solve this on my own using the advice in other posts with no success. Any help is appreciated!

I have a 9700 running 5.0. I have has little luck integrating iCal with my BB and have given up on that for  the moment. At some point in fighting with my phone I've acquired a Desktop and Default calendar; there is a CICAL book for the Desktop. How to I get rid of the Default? The posts on this subject in the past reference the utilities in DM for PC, but I'm on a Mac.

Advice?

Thanks

David

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to delete 'default calendar' with Desktop for Mac?

This may help:

1. Open the Calendar application on the BlackBerry.
2. Press the menu key.
3. Choose Options.
4. Type MOVE on the BlackBerry keypad (there will be no indication on the BlackBerry you are typing)
5. The BlackBerry will ask to move all appointments in the base system calendar. Choose YES to accept moving all entries in the Device Default calendar to the default active calendar.

Next, you should REMOVE the BATTERY from the device for a few seconds, and Replace it.
New Contributor

Thanks so much. Is it possible to delete the entries in the Default calendar before I do the Move?

David

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Not sure if you can delete them first easily, besides manually deleting each...

Got the other info here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19240&slic... 0 184399457

New Contributor

Thanks for your help. I poked around here a bit more and found that I could do the move and then just reset against my server's copy of my calendar. Problem resolved. Thanks again!

D