Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
dhurst
My Device: Not Specified

How to update BB Desktop Manager

General 

BB Desktop Manager v 4.5.0.15 (May 30 2008)

Components

Device Communication 

Blackberry Device Manager             4.3.1.10

BBDevMgr                                   4.0.1.3

RIM USB Driver                             4.0.0.2

RIM USB Serial Driver                     2.1.0.4

Application Loader

Application Loader                        4.3.1.18

RIMProgram                                 1.0.0.35

Device Software

v4.0.2.37(Platform 1.4.0.48) for the Blackiberry 7520 Wireless Handheld

v4.1.0.376(Platform 2.1.0.46) for the Blackberry 7100i Series Wireless Devices

Sorry if to much information. I have downloaded and installed v4.5 of the BB Desktop Manager on my PC. When I go into Application loader to load a new application I noticed that all the applications listed as well as the BB System Software and the BB Core Applications had an action of Downgrade listed and the version was earlier than what was already loaded on my BB. If I uncheck the box beside the Application name it changes the action Downgrade to Remove. Well I do not want want to Downgrade or Remove. If I click on the "Check for updates" link it just takes me to the page where I downloaded v4.5 in the first place.

What I really want to accomplish is just load this new application on the BB without changing what is already there. But, if there is a way to upgrade the version of applications contained in the BB Desktop Manager that would be nice to.

On another note - how do you insert screen shots into a msg such as this?? I tried the Paste from Word but that did not work for whatever reason....

Thanks....

Please use plain text.
Kooldac
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to update BB Desktop Manager

dhurst wrote:

On another note - how do you insert screen shots into a msg such as this?? I tried the Paste from Word but that did not work for whatever reason....

Thanks....

In order to post a picture, you will first have to host it online at any one of the many free or paying hosting sites across the web. Photobucket is a good example. Then you can either post the picture as a link (suggested) or as a picture to be displayed. Either of those two can be done by clicking one of the two buttons in the posting menu above your message box when you are typing a response or new thread. The "Insert/edit link" button looks like a simple, silver chain link. The "Insert/edit image" looks like a tree with a blue background. Good luck.

Please use plain text.