Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
britters
My Device: Curve 8500
My Carrier: MTS
Accepted Solution

I NEED HELP!!!

hey there,

i am in need of desperate help! My blackberry contacts on my curve (only a year old device) won't let me add or edit contacts. My App World has also disappeared and is not fixable via reboot. I went to my provider and they suggested factory resetting my phone via computer. However after I finish typing in the correct prompts, a window pops up indicating i need blackberry device manager. WHERE do i find this? I downlaoded the PC desktop software, which it stated somewhere online something about needing that before the device software??? I dont know i am in the dark and just want me phone to work properly again! Can i get a link to the device manager or better yet steps for this?! HELP!!!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: I NEED HELP!!!

Hello

Welcome to the Community

This has been an ongoing issue for Blackberry phones OS5 and below. Please check the link below:

Unable to edit or create new contacts on the BlackBerry Address Book

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
britters
My Device: Curve 8500
My Carrier: MTS

Re: I NEED HELP!!!

Also, how do I get my blackberry app world back? It shows I still have it as an "add on" application in my Options>Applications. Yet it does not appear in any folder in my phone????
Please use plain text.