Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry tour 9360

I am FRUSTRATED with my bb bold 9650

I have asked the same question to this forum at least twice, I have contacted my carrier who tried to deal with the issue for several hours then transferred me to BB company support who tried to help me. I have uninstalled the desk top 7 OS and reinstalled it to NO AVAIL. I was running BB 6 on my computer which is a PC running windows 7. When I had the vista os I could sync seamlessly between my bb and my laptop. Once I changed to  windows 7 OS the BB ver desktop version 6 ceased working. I downloaded BB ver 7 OS to my laptop and I AM STILL unable to sync between my laptop and my BB bold 9650. I have been told that the best possible solution is to upgrade to the BB10. I can't afford this option right now. Since I am an independent contractor and have a mother in law that is disabled and a son with autism I depend on seamless syncing for appointments etc. Friend have wondered why I am loyal to BB and don't just switch to an IPHONE- truly I am wondering too?  I like the Blackberry OS, I have been happy with it for a number of years but this syncing problem as well as the lagging paypal  card swiping ability is certainly making me wonder if my aversion to the IPHONE is misplaced. HELP HELP

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: I am FRUSTRATED with my bb bold 9650

[ Edited ]

Hello,

It is a pity you have started a brand new thread...for you see, I cannot know what was discussed when you asked this question before, so I risk giving you redundant recommendations now. But, so be it.

I cannot tell much from your description...even with so many words, the only thing I can glean from there is that you can't synchronize...no information about what exact steps you take, the exact results of each step, the exact and complete content of any error messages presented, etc. So, with so little input, I must make a very big guess...

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Sorry i just found my thread- for some reason I don't get notified when someone replies even though I checked the box :smileysad:  I have gone through everything in the links you suggested, i have uninstalled the software, turned off my norton, perormed a clean reboot etc. Still nothing is working.

Hall of Famer II

Then why don't you fall back to a prior version? After all, that too is indicated in what I gave you above...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Becuase I upgraded from OS 6 w to 7 becuase it had stopped working and I was told by BB that Os 6 would not work with windows 7 and if I upgraded then the syncing would work just fine. Also clicking on any link to previous versions of BB desktop software will onlyl give you the option of OS 7 ( except of course the 10)

Hall of Famer II

Just to be clear, we're talking ONLY about the Desktop Software version, right? Not about your BB device OS version. That would be a completely different discussion...and all that I've talked about has solely to do with the Desktop Software.

kimdyuma wrote:

Becuase I upgraded from OS 6 w to 7 becuase it had stopped working

Oh...sorry...I did not quite understand that from your first post...

kimdyuma wrote:

I was told by BB that Os 6 would not work with windows 7

Well, I don't think that's the case...although the prior version system requirements aren't available, I am 99% certain that Desktop Software 6.x worked fine in Windows 7. I don't know who "BB" is that told you that, but I think they may have been mistaken.

kimdyuma wrote:

I upgraded then the syncing would work just fine.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It often depends on the exact root of the problem. If the problem is outside of the Desktop Software (e.g., corrupt Outlook installation), then nothing the Desktop Software can do would help that, no matter what version of the Desktop Software is used.

kimdyuma wrote:

Also clicking on any link to previous versions of BB desktop software will onlyl give you the option of OS 7 ( except of course the 10)

Sorry but, from post 15 of the thread I linked for you, not correct...when I look at that link, I see various levels of Desktop Software 4.2, 5, and 6. So all I can guess is that you are not looking in the location that I recommended for you...

I wish I could diagnose further for you...but you've so far not provided any real details about what happens...from merely things like "it doesn't work", there is just too little information from which to do any useful diagnosis. When you were still on Desktop Software 6, did you perhaps do any Advanced Logging? Sometimes, that can be useful...

• KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Since I last wrote to you I have gone to the sites and in turn I tried to download OS 6 and then OS 5. The same thing happens on those versions too. When I try to open the BB desktop software regardless of which version 9 times out of 10 it hangs and when I finally go to my taskmaster list i see that it is not responding.The 10th time it may open as far as being able to plug in the phone via usb- and I get a message on my phone asking: USB, media sync, or charge only- at that point if i opt for media sync it quits responding. I have checked my usb ports( have tried all 3), I have checked the cables, which all seem to work and will actually charge my phone either from the wall outlet or my usb ports so it isn't a cable issue as far as I can tell. The usb ports alll work fine with other appliances such as my kindle and camera and some plug in mice that i used to test them.

Hall of Famer II

Well, that covers a little bit about the things that have already been recommended...certainly not all of them. Plus, there are other things in the "starting over" thread that I cannot tell if you have tried or not. So, at this point, all I can do is recommend that you re-review all that has already been suggested and ensure that you've actually tried all of those things. Until you do so, providing further guidance is only a waste of your time.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates