Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Hi, I have a new blackberry bold 9900, the latest operating system for Apple (OSX Lion), the latest update on my desktop software and the latest update on my BB. However, I am only able to sync 37 of my contacts to Address Book on my mac, and I want to sync all 250+. I am not sure why this is.

Also for some reason, my new contacts are being saved to my googlemail contact list, although i have never specified this. Is there a way to stop this, and is there a way to change the contacts that are already saved on my googlemail list to my Desktop list?

thank you for your help in advance....

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Hey faroukj22,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Are you synchronizing with Mac Address Book or Outlook?  

Try going into Device>Forget Data in BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Then close down BlackBerry Desktop Software and unplug the BlackBerry via USB and plug it back in.  Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and setup your synchronization again and test a few times.

Let me know if you still run into trouble.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: starhub

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Tried a few times, doesn't work on mine

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MTN

I'm using BB desktop software 2.2.0, Bold 9700 handset and Mac 10.7.2 OSX Lion. Sync through USB is excruciatingly slow, it erased many of my contacts from Mac Address book and does not sync well with iCal. 

This is frustrating to the point of switching over to an Apple handset. Any suggestions before my RIM is RIP?

Retired

Hey DBJohnson,

Can you explain what you mean by does not sync well?  Does it sync any data to the iCal? Also did you try the steps I provided up above and then re-setup the synchronization?

-ViciousFerret

Retired

Hey tsanwie,

When you re-setup the synchronization do you receive an error?  Also does any of the data synchronize?  

-ViciousFerret

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: MTN

Read your previous post. There is not Forget Data under BB Desktop Software. There is Forget Device, but that just unpairs the device. 

Half of my contacts in BB were erased, even though they remain in my address book. Strange enough, even though they are not there, their id comes up when they call. They're down there somewhere, just not accessible under contacts. 

Sync to iCal was only partial; some events sync'd, others did not.

Sync is sometimes slow, and sometimes not at all. 

Painful. Any help would be appreciated. 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Dear Blackberry Staff:

I have been totally unable to sync properly my new Bold 9900 with my MacBook Pro (lastest OS X lion) (using Mail & Address Book NOT outlook), i have the lastest sofware in both my computer and device, it keeps ONLY syncing 124 contacs... Why ? same happens to my Bold 9700, this is totally frustrating. I could not find any option to turn off wireless sync on my 9900 neither what you meantioned "forget BB destokp data blah blah" ..... any ideas ?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I'm having the same issue.  While my ical transfered fine none of my contacts did.  Memos didn't either but that's the least of my worries.  I'm on a Mac 10.7.2 and using the new bold 9900.  I tried following some of the suggestions including your suggestion "Forget Data"  Nothing has worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Joyce

Retired

Hey All,

DBJohnson - The Forget Device option removes all the synchronization history that is associated with that BlackBerry so if there was a corruption in the synchronization folder it would be cleared and fixed.

rubenmarcano - How many contacts are setup on the Mac Address Book?  Do you 2 different Address Books on the BlackBerry?  To find this information, go into Contacts on the BlackBerry and press the menu key and select Options and it will list 2 Contact lists.  IF there is 2, that can cause the problem since BlackBerry Desktop Software will only synchronize with 1 contact list.  I look forward to your reply.

Joycetz - Did you sync not work from BlackBerry to Mac or vice versa?  Also are you using Outlook or Mac Address Book or Entourage?  

-ViciousFerret