Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Basic request but remember when ask you what to do, always click: MERGE, not the other. With this, the system are going to mix all data without erase or lose anything.
Please use plain text.
Zaretta
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: I can't sync my contacts to my mac (BB 9900, OSX Lion, Latest desktop software for mac installed)

Thanks a lot! I unticked Contacts in System Pref/iCloud (kept copies on All on my Mac in Address Book) and sync worked perfectly. Then ticked Contacts in iCloud pref back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kokecito
My Device: Not Specified

:Clap:  !!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
florianb5
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Orange - Switzerland

If you want to copy your contacts from the Blackberry to the Mac and have only a fraction of your contacts transferred to the Mac, this is how I solved it:

1. backup your contacts with the Blackberry Desktop Software. You will see that you have a "Contact - all", saving this one is enough.

2. on your Blackberry, go to "contacts" , options and type "rset" . This will clear all your address book and your lists (the sync problem comes because you have different lists)

3. restore your contacts with Blackberry Desktop

4. sync again 

It worked on mine, let me know.

Unfortunately, restoring all the addresses recreated the 2 contact lists on my Blackberry. I am trying to find a solution for that.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
florianb5
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Orange - Switzerland

OK, I found how to remove the different contact lists:

5. after doing the above steps, repeat step 2 again

6. sync again , you will get a prompt that there is no data on your device and you can choose to erase what is on your computer or transfer to your device. you want to transfer to your device (I forgot the exact prompt, but that's the first one on the left).

After that, you will have all your contacts under one Default list.
Please use plain text.
MickB
My Device: 9780

HI,

Thanks for this It worked for me. Cant believe that BB dont know this as an issue and do not let all us BB users know. For reference I have a BB 9780 Mac os 10.7.4. I wonder how we will get on with the next OS back up?

Mick

Please use plain text.
LCW
New Contributor
LCW
My Device: Bold 9900

ViciousFerret wrote:

Hey faroukj22,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Are you synchronizing with Mac Address Book or Outlook?  

Try going into Device>Forget Data in BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Then close down BlackBerry Desktop Software and unplug the BlackBerry via USB and plug it back in.  Open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and setup your synchronization again and test a few times.

Let me know if you still run into trouble.

I also had problems to synchronize BB Bold 9900 to iMac (ical and contacts). Got an error message "Er is een fout opgetreden bij het synchroniseren van ZERO" (Dutch) and later on referring to KB19454. I tried your suggestion: to have Blackberry Desktop Software ignore my BB Bold 9900. The software then responded as if it was the first time I was connecting a BB. I connected my BB and let desktop information overwrite the device. No errormessages. I do not know if it stays this way (Previously it synched correctly but then the problems and errors started. Solved it earlier - can't remember how, but last time nothing worked, only this solution).

Please use plain text.
MickB
My Device: 9780

Hi

Thanks for that, I will try this next time i am try to sync.

Mick

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AntonyWhite
My Device: Pearl 8120
My Carrier: gdfsg

Maybe you can try these. Here is how I do it using a MacBook Pro, an iMac, an iPhone, a Blackberry, and a Windows PC.

Assumptions/prerequisites:
All of the Macs run 10.6.x
One of your Mac has the complete -- and final-- contacts list. This is what will be replicated everywhere.
You have a Gmail account.
You have a Mobile Me account. (I wish I could do without this.)
A PC running Windows XP/Vista/7
A Blackberry.

Gearing up

On the Mac that has all your contacts (we will call it Mothership), back up your Address Book. You can do this by opening Address Book and going to File » Export » Address Book Archive. Save this in a safe place. Then create a Group VCard. To do this, Select All Contacts within Address Book and then choose File » Export » Export Group VCard. Save this VCard to your desktop.

Cleaning

Now, delete all contacts from all of your systems, including the Mothership. This would include contacts on your Windows PC (Outlook or Address Book or Contacts), your Blackberry (you would need to use the Blackberry Desktop Manager to do this), your Gmail account, your Mobile Me, and any other system that you wish to sync with.

Configuring

On your Macs, configure the MobileMe preferences (within System Preferences) to sync contacts (apart from anything else that you may want). This can be done within the Sync Tab.

Syncing Address Book with Google: This can be done by opening Address Book on your Macs, navigating to Preferences » Accounts, and checking the 'Synchronize with Google' box. You will also need to click on Agree on the drop-down agreement, and then enter your GMail username and password. Note: Google sync only happens once every hour. To change this, you need to change the Start Interval parameter in the com.google.GoogleContactSyncAgent.plist file found in ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder.

Repeat these steps on all your Macs, then sync your iPhone Contacts with Mobile Me. To do this, follow these instructions for either your Mac or your PC.

To get your Blackberry into this sync circle, download Google Sync utility on your Blackberry. To do this, go to Google mobile on your Blackberry, and download the Sync application. Run this Google Sync application (which will require you to log into Google using your Gmail username and password). Set up the Sync Contacts section to sync automatically.

The final part

On your Mothership Mac, log into GMail and navigate to the Contacts section. In here, click on the Import button (usually on the upper right corner), and then on the Choose File button. Navigate to the Desktop and select the Group VCard you exported from Address Book. Complete the import process by clicking the Choose button. This may take some time, depending on the size of your Address Book VCard and your bandwidth.

Testing

You could manually start the sync on your Macs using the Sync Now option in the Sync icon in your menu bar. Your synchronization should now start with all entities in this order: Google » Blackberry and Macs » MobileMe » PC and iPhones. The sync order will depend on the time when each various sync process starts up. Once everything is in order, any change in any one entity will sync all others.

Please use plain text.
VikasIndia
My Device: BlackBB
My Carrier: TATA

Well, why don't you use Syncmate? You can sync files, music, video, images with Blackberry, Android, Mac, Nokia S40 and Windows Phone. The AutoSync feature is really amazing. The icons and options are also well organized in the user interface. More details here: http://naumanlodhi.blogspot.in/2013/08/sync-mac-learn-synchronization-tips-you.html

Please use plain text.